sixteen

"I told him." She said as we walked through the hallway. "That I like him."

"Woah, how did you do that?" Of course, I was surprised. Nowadays, it's not easy to confess your feelings to someone--especially when you're a girl. Many people are afraid of rejections.

"I feel like I needed to confess now before it's too late." She answered. "But before that, I asked first his friend, Noa, if it's okay to invite Junkyu to eat with me. And he said okay."

"And then?"

"I wrote a note asking if he wanted to eat with me this recess, he should reply with yes. I put it on his desk. After a while, Junkyu gave back the note and said yes!" She said, blushing.

"That's a good news!"

"Yes, it is!"

🐨

I could see Yuna and Junkyu together most of the time. I feel like I'm a third wheel sometimes so I don't join them when they are asking me to go with them. I mean, who would want to join a couple on a date? Yuna didn't tell me yet if they're already in a relationship but I think they are.

Hyunsuk's with me right now, together with Noa who just went to the cafeteria to buy softdrinks. It's library time but we decided to stay at the park.

"Isn't it so beautiful?" He said.

I turned to him and he was looking at the sky. Indeed, it was beautiful and the weather's nice, too.

"Have you ever been inlove?" He asked.

"Why... do you ask?"

He didn't mean inlove as in inlove with a person, did he?

"I just think that I'm inlove with the sky." He admitted. "Being inlove with something or someone is the nicest feeling ever."

"Yeah, it's really a good thing. But once it fades away, it makes us weak."

Just like me, who has lost one of her senses.

Noa came back after that. He gave us our softdrinks but the bell rang already.

"What do you think about being inlove, Noa?" Hyunsuk asked.

"No comment." He replied and went back already to our classroom. This guy, really.

"Thanks for accompanying me to the park. I had a great time." I said to Hyunsuk.

"Me, too." He agreed.