epilogue

Days have passed. Soon everyone is having an academic free day so I went to school a bit late. By the way, it's already the day for Hyunsuk's club event. The theme is about exhibition so we could literally see different kind of arts everywhere.

"You're late." Junkyu stated.

"Yeah. I was supposed to wake up at six am, but I woke up after thirty minutes." I admitted.

He just laughed after that and then we walked around the campus.

"Why was the painting arrested?" Junkyu suddenly said.

"Huh? Why?" I asked.

"Because it was framed."

"Pfft. What was that?"

He scratched his head while smiling sheepishly. "Wasn't it funny?"

"Well, the answer is obvious."

"Junkyu!" Someone called out. It turned out to be his friend.

"It's been a long time! How are you, Mashiho? How come you're here?" Junkyu said.

"I'm fine! I heard few weeks ago that your school will hold an exhibition so, I checked it out. That's why I'm here." He replied.

"That's great! Are you alone or?"

"I came with my friends, Yoshinori and Asahi." He said. "By the way, you both look great."

Junkyu and I turned to look at each other. I didn't say anything and just looked away.

"Thanks."

Oh my God! Did he just said thanks?!

My cheeks are probably blushing right now because of him. Argh, Kim Junkyu.

"Oh, there they are! Bye! I hope we'll see each other again soon!" Mashiho said.

As we continued walking, Junkyu stopped as though he remembered something.

"I almost forgot. Last week, I told you that I'll tell you something on Monday and today's already Monday."

"I almost forgot about it, too. Tell it already then." I said.

"To be honest," He muttered in a soft voice. "I can't stop thinking about you these past few weeks. I can't see you on weekends so, I wanted to hear your voice at least. That's why I was glad to talk to you on the phone last Saturday."

I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but sincerity. I felt numb as I couldn't even think properly. "This is so not you..."

"Yeah, I know." He admitted. "It's because I really like you."

I felt an urge to slap myself because I can't believe that this is happening. But fortunately, I controlled myself since I might look stupid. I just blinked several times and thought, this is really happening.

🐨

"It's because I really like you."

I smiled widely as I remembered Junkyu saying that. After that, it became clear that our feelings are mutual. There's just one thing that I needed to do—to tell him the secret that I've been hiding.

When I reached the school riding my bike, Junkyu was standing in the corner. It seemed like he was waiting for me to arrive. He smiled upon seeing me and immediately helped me park my bike.

"You don't have to do that. I'm not used to it." I said as a matter of fact.

"Is that so? I'll act normal then." He said, then ruffled my hair.

"Junkyu," I muttered. "I have a secret to tell you. It's a super duper secret that I've never told this anyone besides my aunt."

"Really? What is it?" He asked, curious.

"I have an anosmia."

"Anosmia?" He repeated, thinking hard. "What's that? A disease?! Are you going to die?! Wait, why are you telling me that just now?!"

"Yah! Don't overreact! I'm not going to die."

"Thanks, God!" He exclaimed and sighed of relief.

"It's a smell disorder. I completely lost my sense of smell."

"Oookay. Oh, that's why when I let you choose a perfume at the department store, you told me that all of it smells nice. I was dumbfounded because some of it doesn't really smell nice."

"Yeah, but I can smell your perfume. It has a pleasant aroma and the smell is not overpowering at all. Isn't it odd?" I said.

"Eyy, you're just overthinking. Maybe your sense of smell is finally restoring."

"Omg!" I exclaimed, hugging him tight. "Maybe you're right..."

I pulled away and laughed as I saw Junkyu's face. My hug was so tight that he felt suffocated. "Oh my, are you okay?"

"I never knew a small person can hug that tight."

"I'm sorry, I was just too happy! Wait, did you just referred to me as a small person?"

"Huh? I didn't say anything." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yah! Come here, I'm tall enough to flick your forehead!"

I started to walk up to him but he ran as fast as he could. He even let his tongue out to annoy me.

Why do I even like him?

🐨

third person's pov

She was a free-spirited little girl who stands up for herself. She cherished everything in this world and specifically loved scents.

He was a young boy who was always stubborn. He would do unnecessary things but cares for his grandmother a lot.

One summer time, that little girl went on a vacation. She would visit the garden of that young boy's grandmother almost everyday. The young boy noticed her and felt something unusual for the first time. The old woman was aware of it and when the little girl was about to leave the town, she decided to do something.

Little did they know, that day, their fate was already sealed.

---

a/n: how are u guys feeling that you've already at the end of this story?? >< as for me, i feel sad everytime i write last chaps :(( i was really unmotivated last year because yg won't debut them but now i'm happy because they'll debut on july already :") thank u to my dear readers for having so much patience because this story of mine had the longest time to be finished--as far as i can remember i started this on feb 2019 hfhkh anyway, have a nice day~ see u on my other stories!! i love u all <3