twenty two

While we were walking, I started asking questions out of curiosity. "Do guys move on that fast?"

"No?" He was unsure with his answer. "For me, I tend to move on after a few months."

"But Junkyu moved on less than a week. I can't believe him." I shook my head.

"He has a reason. He just want to fulfill his grandma's wish." Noa said.

"Huh? What about his grandma's wish?" I asked.

"If you want to know more, then ask him."

Tch. He can be the one to tell me.

We already arrived as to where Junkyu is staying. I should better prepare myself for my reasons.

The door suddenly opened. "Noa, you're--why are you here?"

"She said that--"

I covered Noa's mouth and interrupted. "I saw Noa on my way and he asked me if I wanted to go with him to your house."

"Oh really? Then, come in! I'll just change my clothes."

Noa and I sat on the sofa.

"What was that?" Noa was confused.

"It's not that I wanted to go here. I was following him but I got lost." I admitted.

"Why were you following him?"

"It's a long story. I'll tell it you later." I said.

Junkyu suddenly appeared and placed two glasses of juice on the table.

"Here's your notebook," Junkyu gave it to Noa. "Thanks!"

To my surprise, Noa already finished drinking the juice while I was just on the half of it.

"I'll go now."

I nearly choked in my drink. Is he planning to leave me?

"I'll go now, too." I said.

"I would not be able to accompany you because I also live around this village. And besides, you still have something to tell Junkyu, right?"

What is he saying?? Argh! Noa just left me here. Why is he doing this to me? That guy, seriously.

"It's not true. I don't have something to tell you." I said and stood up.

"You're not going anywhere." He said. "It looks like you're telling a lie."

"It's really nothing." I walked towards the door but Junkyu grabbed my wrist.

"What is it? Tell me." He demanded.

I don't know why I muttered these words.

"I like..."