ten

It was already time for breakfast.

As I was eating, Auntie was cooking something. I was curious as to whom she will give it so I asked. "For whom is that? Do we have a visitor?"

"It's for your uncle. He'll be here at 9 am." She said. I haven't seen him for years. Too bad, I'm still in school when he'll arrive here.

I gulped my water, stood up, and I grabbed my bag.

"Bye, auntie!"

🐨

I realized that I was early for school.

I approached that Japanese guy named Noa. He was using his cellphone, headphones was plugged in in his ears.

"Hi, I'm Miyu." I started. He just stared at me. He didn't think I'm a weird person, did he?

After a few seconds, he responded. "I'm Noa."

"I know that you don't know me and--"

"I know you. We're in the same class." He interrupted.

"Yeah," I mumbled. "So I was saying, I know that this is the first time we talked. I just want to ask a question, I hope you don't mind."

"Go ahead." He said.

"Does... Junkyu has a girlfriend?" I hesitantly asked.

He was taken aback by my question. Probably he didn't expect that or does he think that I asked that question because I like Junkyu? There's no way I would like the means of him! "Why do you ask?"

"It was my friend who wanted to ask. It's not me, I promise!" I said. Because he might get the wrong idea.

"Hmm... they just broke up not too long ago so, he doesn't have one now." He stated.

"Ohhh. Thanks for the info." I said, I was about to go back to my seat but I forgot to tell something. "And one more thing, please don't tell him that I asked. Can you promise me that?"

I let out my pinky finger. Did my action made me even more weird?

"What are you two talking about?" A familiar voice asked. I turned around to see that it was Junkyu.

"N-nothing." I said. Why am I stammering?

"Eyy I saw everything. It didn't seem nothing." He said. "Are you backstabbing me, Noa-ssi?"

"Lol I did not!" Noa let out a laugh. "We just asked each other's names."

"Really?" Junkyu asked suspiciously.

"Yes, that's right!" I said.

"But why did you let out your pinky finger?"

This guy asks too many questions. He's so annoying.

"We--" Noa interrupted.

"I'm not asking you, Noa. I'm asking her." He demanded.

"We umm... promised to be friends. Hehe." I reasoned.

"Why make pinky promises? That's childish." He said and giggled.

Wow, he said that like he's not one. As long as I can remember, he's the most childish person I've ever met. Tch.

"Whatever." I annoyingly said and went back to my seat.