twelve

It was already dismissal in the morning. There was an announcement that there will be no classes in the afternoon because the junior high school students will be using our rooms for their achievement test. Of course, almost all of the senior high school students were happy about the news.

"Let's go!!" Junkyu exclaimed and bumped my shoulders.

I glared at him. How dare he act like that? We're not even close. We're just chemistry partners, that's all.

"By the way, Yuna will be joining us. Is that okay with you?" I asked.

"Sure!"

A big smile formed in Yuna's lips.

"Who's your partner?" I asked Yuna.

"Sohee." She replied. "She said that she'll buy the materials."

I nodded thoughtfully. "Junkyu, do you have a bike?"

"Yeah, of course."

We went to the parking lot and got our bike. And then, we realized that Yuna doesn't have one.

"Where should I be sitting?" She asked, conflicted.

"Here," Junkyu offered and wiped the extra seat of his bike.

Yuna was surprised. I know that she's screaming inside right at this moment.

She then sat stiffly. "Will I be safe?"

I laughed because of her statement. It seems like he doesn't trust Junkyu. Pfft.

"You'll be fine," He reassured her. He grabbed her hand and placed it in his waist. This time, Yuna became more suprised. She was trying to hide her emotions as she bit her lip.

This is the first time I saw Junkyu being caring to girls. Okay fine, maybe I was mistaken. He isn't completely annoying after all. He has this side that I still don't know. And as for Yuna, I'm happy for her!

After a few mintes, we arrived at the hypermarket. Suddenly, my aunt texted me if I can come home early and join them--she and uncle--for lunch. And I replied that I will go home after ten minutes.

"Should we buy separately? I need to go home as soon as possible." I said. "I'll go buy vinegar and baking soda."

Yuna stood there, conflicted again as to whom she will go with.

"Just go with Junkyu." I smiled.

She mouthed me 'thank you' as we went on separate ways.

It was easy to find vinegar but the baking soda was nowhere to be found.

As I was walking around, I saw Yuna and Junkyu talking with each other. Junkyu whispered something to her that made her laugh.

Why do I feel like I'm a third wheel?

Finally, I found the baking soda but it was too high for me to reach. I can't even see an employee to help me.

Suddenly, someone appeared behind me and grabbed the baking soda I'm trying to reach.

Why is he here?