thirty nine

We had our exams the following days and I think I did well. I can't really focus in reviewing when I'm at school because of Junkyu. So at home, I pulled an all-nighter to review all of my subjects.

There was nothing for us to do besides checking our papers. And so, most of the time, we just do random things and converse with each other.

"May I get your attention, class?" Our teacher suddenly said.

All of us stopped with what we were doing and looked at him.

"Since we're in the music room, I want to see some of you perform. Take note that I'll give bonus points to those who will volunteer. You can sing, dance or whatever you like."

We fell silent for a few seconds but after that, some would point at someone they wanted to volunteer.

"Junkyu's good at singing, sir!" Noa loudly said.

That made us look at him and chanted for his name.

"Junkyu! Junkyu! Junkyu!"

He was startled but quite overwhelmed with the attention that he's getting.

"Okay, Junkyu. Would you like to give up the additional five points in your exam or not?" Our teacher sounded convincing.

"Well..." He started. "It's not that I don't want the bonus points but I just want to sing to all of you for fun."

We all clapped and cheered for him.

"You lift my heart up, when the rest of me is down. You, you enchant me, even when you're not around."

His voice was so soothing. Argh, why is he doing this to me?

"If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down. I'm latching on babe."

I don't know but I wished that he's thinking about me while singing it. If only he could know how I feel.

"Now I know what I have found. I feel we're close enough. I wanna lock in your love. I think we're close enough. Could I lock in your love, baby?"

He suddenly stared at me while he was singing. It felt like I was the only one he could see. And that's when I lost my shit. My heart was beating so fast.

The song ended pretty well and everyone really liked it. As for me, I don't know what to feel. I liked it, too, though. But I've gone crazy.

There are others who also performed in front but all I could remember was Junkyu's performance--and how he stared at me.

"You okay?" Noa whispered to my ear, teasing me.

"Do I look like I'm okay?" I replied.

"You're not okay? Are you sick?" Junkyu suddenly butted in, looking straight into my eyes. I immediately looked away.

Noa went back to his seat and left us alone.

"I'm okay. I'm just a bit tired." I reasoned.

"Really?" He asked and I just nodded.

Right at this moment, we were just waiting for our next teacher to arrive.

Junkyu turned to me all of a sudden and asked, "Did you like the song that I sung earlier?"

I was a bit taken aback by his question but I tried to compose myself. "Yeah, it was really great."

"You know what..." He said, bitting his lip.

"Hmm?"

"That song is dedicated to you."

---

a/n: i didn't update for how many months i'm so sorry ㅠㅠ but i hope u like this chap~