[Haikyuu] Nishinoya Yuu x Reader

Nishinoya Yuu's POV

There's this girl I have been fascinated for a year now and keep on eyeing her ever since I came here in Karasuno. The first time I encountered her, as she stepped inside the classroom, I would never forget that day. It was like time stood still for me with my heart beating loudly in my chest and the heat to crawl up to my cheeks as she sat on the empty chair beside me, giving me the brightest, and beautiful smile when she glance my way, and it was then I knew. (Last Name) (First Name), she was like a princess straight out of a picture book and I fell for her at first sight.

Cliche it would seem, but it was the truth. Whenever she is close, I would be a stuttering mess around her, and she would laugh it off giving me her warmest smile. We get to know each other and I got the chance to tell her I was the libero from my former school and wanting to join the volleyball club here, and after I joined, I showed her the team's jersey uniform for the first time, and she was amazed and her eyes twinkled like the stars in the night sky.

Time passed and now we're in our second-year and my feelings for her never change. I might be seen with Tanaka having an interest in Kiyoko-san who's the volleyball club's manager, but in the end, my heart still keeps on yearning for (First Name).

"Nishinoya, Nishinoya." A familiar voice awoke me from my deep thoughts, feeling warmth beneath my head. I open my eyes in meeting the greenery with the sunlight seeping through, my eyesight slightly blurry, blinking a few times to get rid of the blurriness. My field of vision clears, meeting the mesmerizing cerulean irises of (First Name), she was staring down at me, her eyes resembling the vast sea, and I could drown in it.

Hearing a stifled laugh, I return back to my senses, my eyes widen. "Good morning sleepy head." She utters, amused and I sat right up with a start. "(F-First Name)." I could literally feel my whole face heating up, turning my visage into a reddish hue. "D-Did I fell asleep?" I questioned and avert my gaze from her in an attempt to calm my raising heart that she laughs softly. "A bit, I guess." She said and tussled my hair. "If you're tired, you can sleep. I'll wake you up." She suggested, arranging the papers and textbooks scattered on the patch of grass.

Right, I personally asked (First Name) if she could tutor me for the upcoming exam so I could participate in the away games and we're studying in her backyard because it's comfortable. I have to agree it was tranquil out here, also get to be with her too, usually, it would be the opposite but no, she was my inspiration. Just simple things like this were pure bliss and made me happy. I was deeply in love with her. Very. I was scared of being rejected before, I used to run away and make a bunch of excuses. But right now, I want to convey how I feel before it's too late.

Before the day someone might steal her away from me.

"Hey, (First Name)?" As I called out her name, she looks at me, her gaze filled with curiosity, but a smile ever-present on her lips, giving me courage. "I..." I began, taking a deep breath and exhale. "I have something to tell you." I place my hand on top of hers, interlacing my fingers at the same time and then stare into her beautiful pools, seeing myself reflecting in them before giving her a closed eye smile, my voice laced with confidence and hope, an overwhelming feeling rose within me. "I like you."

A light breeze blew into the backyard, the grass, and the trees surrounding us danced among it. "Ne, Yuu." Upon hearing (First Name) calling me by my given name, my heart lurched painfully. It was then, she lightly pulls my head in and presses her lips to my forehead, taking me aback as she mouthed the words I wanted to hear for so long as we lock into each other's eyes. "Me too, I like you too." She smiled at me.

×××

Status: Edited