[Kuroko no Basuke] Kagami Taiga x Reader

It was already nightfall as you walk down the quiet path to your neighborhood with a plastic bag in hand, filled with different kinds of ingredients for tonight's dinner. You hum a melodic tune until you've reached the local basketball court, not expecting to see a familiar isolated figure doing what he does best.

"Kagami-kun?" You utter as you watch him from a distance.

Kagami dunks the basketball into the hoop and lands back on the ground with a slight pant, wiping away the sweat trailing down his chin with the back of his right hand, and it was then, as he glance toward the side, he noticed you standing there. "(Last Name)?" His red irises widen in seeing you.

Kagami then approach your figure after picking up his bag. “What are you doing here?” He questioned and his eyes landed to the plastic bag occupied in your hand. "Huh, went grocery shopping?" Earning a nod from you as a response.

"Yeah, I'm just passing by," You began explaining, "This pathway is where I usually take when heading home."

"How about you?" You stare at the dark red-haired male in front of you. "What are you doing here by yourself?"

Kagami frustratingly scratch the back of his head before speaking. "No particular reason."

"I see." Your lips form into a smile as you look up at him. "I better hurry back." You said to which Kagami turn his head sideways.

"I'll walk you home then." The tall male utters unexpectedly and it was enough to cause your heart to skip a few beats.

The dark red-haired boy face towards you, his ravishing red irises staring into your (Eye Color) ones as if he were searching for something before proceeding to walk on ahead with you follow right behind him as the sun fully set into the horizon.

The beating in your heart became somewhat rapid as you walk close to Kagami, your arms almost touching, leaving a quiet and awkward atmosphere. You would've been lying to yourself, denying your feelings for the male beside you.

Glancing up to see his features, you can definitely define a small blush tinting his cheeks causing your own to flush red, and also noticing the proximity getting closer in between. Although, you couldn't help but smile to yourself, not just because the one you admire is walking you home, but because he's beside you, wanting to cherish the fleeting moment you have with Kagami.

Kagami brushed his hand against your own, his sudden touch sending a tingling sensation throughout your system, and it wasn't long he slip his hand into yours, grasping your soft hands gently before interlacing his fingers with yours to which you gaze up at him in awe and astonishment.

He didn't say anything though, Kagami just stares down at you longingly with the corners of his lips tug upward into a small smile, the blush on his cheeks still present, and it was from there your heart and mind knew. Your lips naturally form into a closed mouth smile as you return the gentle hold of Kagami's hand, looking up at him with deep affection.

Your feelings for him growing even more than before--- and Kagami also knew, it was the same for him as well.

×××

Status: Unedited

[Author's note: I just discovered this oneshot in my PC's documents and have decided to publish it here.]