[Karneval] Gareki x Female! Reader

Requested by: Polli2123

×××

You are currently with Yogi going out on an errand around the bustling market of (Town's Name) to buy some ingredients to make your special (Favorite Pastry) for tonight's dessert after dinner.

Supposedly, Gareki and Nai should be the ones to join you but they're being called by Hirato and Akari which you are aware of due to the blond-haired male who's smiling beside you.

"Ne ne, (First Name)-chan! What should we get first?" Yogi excitedly said to which you couldn't help but stifle a laugh. You hand him a list of what you needed and he nods his head as he reads the contents.

"Alright! I'll buy this ingredient for you, (First Name)-chan while you handle the rest!" Yogi points out that I answered back.

"Let's meet up at the fountain over there afterward, okay?"

"Roger!" Yogi then runs off whereas you begin eyeing the many stalls. There are so many fresh goods around here, it's hard to choose.

You walk towards the first stall that caught your attention. They are selling different kinds of fruits and it would do great with your pastry. "Mister, I would like to have two of each of the fruits you have here." You say to the stall owner and he smiles at you broadly.

"Right away, young miss!" He begins to gather up the fruits you asked and you continue to look around the stall beside it. It wasn't long when the owner finishes up and gave you a basket full of fresh fruits that you received, and paid him afterward.

You then walk down the bustling street, searching for a stall that sells flour. You glance around and you could see the various expressions the people made, making you at ease. It was very lively, reminding you of your village before it was attacked by Varugas. You proceed walking again and as you do so, you think back to Gareki and Nai. Those two have always been sticking around you and would always cause different kinds of crises.

As you walk alone. It would seem that their presence made a huge impact in your life. Especially, Gareki. Shaking your head, you try to get rid of the sudden thought and continue to do the task at hand.

[Time Skip]

You let out a breath as you wait for Yogi. You have succeeded in buying the ingredients you wanted and all that was left is the blond male. You sit down against the edge of the fountain and stare up at the sky, deep in thought. Gareki, I wonder what he's up to now.

You start to recall the previous day you were given a chance to be alone with him. Gareki was somewhat different around you, he stutters and complains, and he would blush red as a beet whenever you suddenly compliment him. He would be clingy at times but not similar to Nai who would embrace you and rub his cheeks against yours.

Although, Gareki would sometimes act like a child, and you could not help but smile to yourself. "I wonder if Gareki will get mad for leaving him and Nai." You spoke to no one in particular.

"Oh no, I'm more than mad."

It was then, your eyes widen at the sudden voice, and you face the owner of the familiar sound. "G-Gareki, I thought you are---"

"Yeah, I was! It was just a quick meeting and you decided to leave us just like that?" He says as he catches his breath to which you noticed. Did he run all the way here?

"Wait a minute, where is Nai?" You say to him in question that Gareki answered immediately. "He's with Yogi, we met him on the way here." And regain his composure to stares into your (Eye Color) irises.

"You could've just waited for us!" Gareki starts to complain, as you hear the words flowing out of his lips. You stifle a laugh and it made Gareki stop mid-sentence, realizing what he just did. Heat rises to his cheeks and avoids your gaze. He's definitely acting like a child, it's cute. You thought and your lips form into a smile.

"I'm sorry for leaving you and Nai behind like that, Gareki." You stand up and reach out your hands to his cheeks. You can definitely see his eyes written in surprise by your gesture but you continue to caress his warm cheeks with your thumbs.

Gareki couldn't say anything and just watch you, his eyes soften as he eases into your touch. It was a first for him. You are the very person that can cause different kinds of emotions to escape without him knowing, the only person he would silently yearn every now and then, the person he would be nervous about whenever you are close by, the person who would make his entire world flip.

In his eyes, you are the person he holds full of meaning.

"(First Name), let's go home." Gareki mumbled and you nod your head, before giving him a close eyed smile.

"Let's go home."

×××

Status: Unedited

[Author's note: Gareki is slightly out of character here, but I had fun writing this one.]