[One Piece] Portgas D. Ace x Reader

Requested by: AshliDinkelman

×××

Several Years Later

Your POV

I was roaming around the nostalgic vast outdoors searching for a location to momentarily rest. I arrived just yesterday to pay Dadan a visit and she was so thrilled to see me. My father, Shanks was out in the mountains which I haven't visited for quite some time and would be my next stop.

It happened two years ago when I decided to go on a journey of my own which my father proudly but worriedly agreed to, also warning me of the possible dangers that may show up for being the daughter of the legendary and powerful pirate in the Grand Line. Even though he needn't have anything to worry about since I was taught under by him the Red-haired Shanks himself who is also known to be the Captain of the Red-Haired Pirate Crew.

I have already traveled to different places but haven't encountered anything life-threatening yet until I came into a decision to visit my old home for I was also raised by Dadan after all those years with Ace, Sabo, and Luffy.

After my father saved Luffy. A few days passed, until one evening. I didn't mean to listen in my father's discussion with Dadan as I was heading to the washroom, and my father explained his reason why he arrived because he was here to fetch me, and it was from that moment onwards I came to an understanding. I wouldn't be able to hang out with the three boys anymore, which saddens me, their very presence having a huge place in my heart.

On the same night, I ran to wake up Ace, and bask into his presence one more time in the forest and in the morning was the time I parted ways with the three siblings, not knowing when we will meet again. As I look back, I could still remember the expressions made by Luffy, Sabo, and also Ace which shattered me as I walk holding my father's hand.

Now, I was back at the same meadow, and I could visualize Ace and I playing about, our laughter resonating around the field, making me feel all ticklish and warm inside, my lips naturally forming into a smile. Even on the way here, I could still make up the memories I have made with the three, and it made me miss the good old days. I let out a sigh and look up at the blue sky, the clouds passing by very slowly, and a breeze caressing my skin, swaying the grass and the trees' leaves with it.

Thinking of going back to Dadan. I turn around to return home before sundown but I stop on my tracks, my eyes wide in shock, and mouth agape. I was in such a daze, I haven't pay much attention to my surroundings. Before me stands a familiar young man, his eyes wide also. He is tall and muscular having curly black hair, his black color irises staring into my (Eye Color) ones.

"(First Name)?" Were the words he spoke and I could feel the tears welling in the brim of my eyes. I couldn't believe it, after how many years, he is here, standing right in front of me causing my heart to tremble.

"Ace..." I called out his name and it was from this moment, tears began to escape from my eyes, and immediately did what I have to do. I ran towards him and engulf him in a long lasting embrace that he returns right away. "I found you, at long last." Ace says, breathing on the crook of my neck, his movement embarrassed me but I did not pay mind to it, I was too happy.

We retracted from our hug and a smile made it's way to each of our faces. Ace then wipe away the remaining tears threatening to fall down my cheeks, and he leans in to place a kiss on my forehead, and then a peck to my lips before he fully envelops it. It felt like decades but lasted for a moment, we pull away from each other due to the lack of air and place our foreheads together, his arms encircled around my waist securely, whereas mine was wrapped around his neck.

"There's a lot we need to catch up on." Ace said to which I let out a hum in agreement.

"Yes, we really do." I face him, my cheeks heating up with his also red as a beet.

×××

Status: Edited

[Author's note: Hello everyone, I am here to give another update! I am sorry for not publishing any one-shots lately, being a graduating student is quiet stressful. I need to think of a college to attend, study for midterms, and finals, and then there are multiple entrance examinations which I am not prepared by the way. Ugh, help me escape this madness! *sobs*

Anyhow, I'll still be publishing another one-shot the next day. It just needs a little bit more spice to it hehehe. That's all coming from me, please stay tuned for more.]