[Haikyuu] Tsukishima Kei x Reader

×××

It was valentines day and you have yet to tell Tsukishima Kei about your feelings, one of Karasuno Volleyball club's middle blocker. Even from the previous days, you did not get the chance to do so. It would seem destiny have other plans between you both. He would be seen practicing with his teammates or with Yamaguchi, his best friend, and there were instances you were busy with your own club duties and when an opportunity came he would be seen with wearing his headphones later on or you being suddenly interrupted by your fellow classmates.

You were thwarted by the fact you could not convey what you have kept for a while now. As you watched him from the sidelines. Tsukishima was so near and yet, so far from your reach. All you could do was watch him from the sidelines, watching, and supporting the team he is a part of. To the point you have realized it was becoming pointless, you don't have a chance, for him to return the love you feel for him, as you yearn for his attention.

Wanting to finally give up and move on. Even though you are in the same class, he would barely notice you. The first time you got to interact with him was during an activity in the second period. You both got to talk but barely, he was more focused on the work in front of him rather than yourself. Nonetheless, you still fell for him, really badly.

Heaving out a breathe, it was lunch break, and you are at the school rooftop wanting to be left alone. Deciding either to confess or just give up without even trying. Knowing your current situation. You began to sadly chuckle. "I'm hopeless." You mutter to yourself, remembering the multiple failed attempts. As the gentle breeze pass by, your (Hair Color) hair flutter with the wind as you gaze above the clear blue sky, tears beginning to escape and fall from your eyes. "So hopeless." You sniffle before hugging your legs towards you and buried your face ans let out a quiet sob.

After a minute, you stood up and was about to head towards the metal door when it unexpectedly open, stopping you on your tracks and on the other side was the person you never want to see in your current state. "Tsukishima...kun." You utter. Fate really is a cruel thing, happening when least expected to. Your eyes widen at the sight of the handsome blond-haired male, a new set of tears welling in your eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Tsukishima questioned his face stoic but his voice was laced with slight annoyance. "I-It's nothing." You wipe away the tear staining your cheeks with the back of your hand. "Nothing..." You sniffled. "Baka." You hear him say and he approached you, standing a few inches away, the sudden proximity makes you feel all jittery inside. Aren't I, supposed to be forgetting him? And yet he's...

"I was looking for you," Tsukishima says with his tone of voice going back to normal making your eyes widen again. "H-Huh? But wh-why?" You stammer and you could see a smirk forming across his lips. "Isn't it valentines today?" He said causing heat to rise up to your cheeks with your heart beating rapidly inside your chest. "There's one thing I haven't done before this day ends."

"Will you go out with me?"

×××

Status: Edited

[Author's note: I noticed a few typos and did my best to fix it, and was planning to do some changes, but my friend already like this one so I'm going to leave it as is.]