[One Piece] Young Portgas D. Ace x Young! Reader

Requested by: AshliDinkelman

Note:

Please play the soundtrack above while reading the one-shot.

×××

"(First Name), wait up!"

"Come on! Hurry up, Ace!"

You and Ace ran in woodland as the sky begins to darken, encircled by greenery that was beautiful as you remember it to be. A gentle wind pass-through resulting in the plants to sway and critters either curious or having their own time.

If it weren't for the motive in wanting to show Ace a meadow that you and your father have discovered, you would've enjoyed the scenery and just explore.

Ace watches your running figure, almost out of breath. Your (Hair Length) (Hair Color) hair swaying as you run and you glance behind you, your expressive (Eye Color) irises eyeing the young black-haired boy with a smile gracing your lips. Ace felt that time stopped for him. Beholding your delighted visage, in his eyes, you are like someone out of a picture book.

He then immediately snap out of his fantasy and finally notice you were already a bit far from him."S-Slow down a bit, (First Name)!” Ace informed. “Be careful or you will fall!”

You cease hurrying and turn around, chuckling at Ace who's way behind you. “You worrywart.” You wait for Ace to catch up and laugh as he let out a few breaths.

“Come on, Ace!” You grab his hand that caught him off guard, his cheeks flushed. “We're almost there! See?” You beamed and pointed out as the two of you continued moving, holding on to each other's hands as you run down the now-familiar path.

Third Person POV

Ace ogled at the hand intertwined with his, then at the (Hair Color)-haired girl who is dragging him. Ace's lips form into a giddy smile as he grasps on to your hand.

It wasn't long when the scenery started to change.

“We're here!” (First Name) merrily announced as she withdraws of Ace's hand whilst the boy just stood, stunned by the sight before him. (First Name) went towards the core of the meadow, enveloped by numerous wonderful flowers, and knee-length grass, leaving a trail and fireflies fluttered around the area.

Ace's eyes widen in fondness not just by the scenery but also the girl heartily having the time of her life, he couldn't revert his eyes off of her, he was captivated by (First Name).

“Ace!” She called out, gaining his attention. “What are you doing just standing there, come on!” (First Name) smiles as she calls him to come over where she stands that Ace grins and nods his head.

“Okay! Ready or not! Here I come!” Ace laughs as he sprints towards (First Name) and begins to play a game of tag that she happily obliges.

Time Skip

“I'm beat!” Ace said as he rests himself against the field.

“Me too!” (First Name) answered back and plop beside Ace, gazing at the starry sky above them and laugh. Afterward, silence filled the air and the only sound heard was the noise of the crickets.

“I guess it's time for us to return back, ” Ace told and sit up that (First Name) listened to. She stands up and reaches down her hand towards Ace that he take but didn't let go.

“Hey, (First Name).” Ace muster up to speak as he stood that the said girl gives her full attention to the boy, curious.

“P-Promise me---” Ace face redden. “Let's get married when we are old enough, (First Name)!”

×××

Status: Unedited