[Seven Deadly Sins] Arthur Pendragon x Reader

×××

You are the third princess of the kingdom Zuveovell and was currently in a meadow behind the palace, sitting on the greenery whilst looking at the many flowers in a daze, the thought of marriage crossing your mind. Your father, the king, had arranged you to be wed to a young king who’s the son of your father’s deceased compadre.

The former king of Camelot, he was like an uncle to you but marrying his son is another story. You’ve heard many tales about him from the former king himself when you were a child, yes, you’ve wanted to meet him for how long due to curiosity, but as soon as your father announced you’ll be seeing the young king today and to be his spouse, you were frustrated to your father for he did not even consult you of the matter.

The thought of finally meeting him excites you, but being conjoin with a person who you’ve barely seen pains you. Mixed feelings swirled in the pit of your stomach and because you began to lack confidence, you couldn’t face him, you ran away here towards the fields to ease your uneasiness.

“Pardon my intrusion.”

Although, you began to feel jittery all over again upon hearing a voice behind you, the sound immediately gaining your full attention. Standing up in seeing a boy your age who’s standing only a few meters away, his violet colour orbs staring into your (Eye Color) ones, enchanted in meeting you.

“You, You are…” You stammer, brows furrowed. Your heart beating rapidly inside your chest, already knowing who he is, and the fact he found you rather quickly made you wonder greatly.

“Arthur.” He bowed down, feeling his own heart ready to burst out of his chest out of nervousness. “My name is Arthur Pendragon,” The amber-haired boy began as he took small steps to approach you. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you princess.” Arthur then halts in seeing your discomfort.

“How, how were you able to locate me easily?” You muster up the courage to speak that Arthur responded immediately. “I just followed what my father told me in one of his stories.” Arthur’s cheeks tinted in a pinkish hue as he explained whilst your eyes widen in realization also feeling embarrassed. “That the princess (First Name) tends to hide in the meadow behind the castle.” He finished, looking at the ground bashfully.

“He told you that?” You questioned that he responded with a nod. You clutch onto your chest, panting lightly to ease your rapid heart beat before uttering. “I… I see.”

“Princess, um…” Arthur started. “The King, your father is asking for us.” He said before timidly reaching out his hand towards you. “Shall we, return back?” The young king finished, averting his gaze to the ground, abashed from his own actions.

You eyed the hand of Arthur who’s waiting for you to hold. Your face flushed at the thought of interlacing with his, but it did not took you long to respond from his gesture. Arthur then faced you, his violet colour orbs widen slightly but softens in eyeing your features and grasping your hand in his lightly, before proceeding in heading inside the palace.

[Back at the Castle]

“It can tell, all will end well.” The King comments proudly beside Merlin, Arthur’s mentor. As they witness your interaction with the young King Arthur with the use of her sacred treasure, the Morning Star Aldan.

“Uh, it would seem so.” Merlin agrees with a smile gracing her lips.

×××

Status: Unedited