First meet

Dhiya's POV

Early morning, I arrived in the U.S. safely.

"No need to worry about me, Mom, I'm not a kid anymore," I said, pressing the phone to my ear as I collected my luggage.

My mom replied, "You'll always be my kid, my girl," with a hint of tension in her voice.

My dad eagerly jumped into the conversation, "Dhiya!" he exclaimed.

"Daddy, I've arrived in the U.S. and will be attending the world-class conference in a few hours, making you all proud," I said happily, fulfilling my dream. '

"Waiting to hear about it. Good luck, my daughter," he replied, and I thanked him before disconnecting the call.

As a 24-year-old oncologist from India,
I am proud to be the only daughter of Deepak Chandra and Shivenya. My dad, a successful entrepreneur, owns various businesses, including Dhiya Importing & Exporting, Dhiya College of Science & Dhiya constructions. My mom serves as the Managing Director of these companies.

I am grateful to my dad for encouraging me to pursue my dreams boldly. Currently, I work at a Medical & Research Institute in Delhi and visit my dad's hospital in Mumbai during my free time.

After a few trials, I secured a good position at the institute, and my higher officials confidently recommended me to attend this prestigious conference. My dad arranged everything for my trip, knowing I value independence but cannot refuse his support. I accepted his arrangements and arrived at the hotel, where I refreshed myself with a coffee and hot shower. Feeling happy and content, I wore a formal light blue dress, applied makeup, and added a small bindi on my forehead.

With my files and research papers in hand, I double-checked my presentation slides before leaving for the conference. An hour later, I arrived at the impressive glass-enclosed building, where the meeting was held on the 12th floor. I was excited to meet fellow oncologists from around the world and engage in the round table conference.

The sixteen-panel members included two oncologists from India, two from China, three from Russia, three from the U.S., three from the U.K., and three from Canada.

As the session began, I took notes on the points that resonated with me the most. When it was my turn, the committee member introduced me, "Ms. Dhiya Deepak Chandra, D.M. (Medical Oncology) from India, who has treated numerous cancer patients and provided necessary medical and financial support, will proudly present her opinions."

Akshadh POV

"Good morning everyone, I'm Dhiya. Based on my research and experience, I believe that countries like India need to prioritize cancer awareness, as even educated individuals often view cancer as a killer disease, leading to increased mortality rates. However, most types of cancer can be easily identified if we pay attention to our bodies. Any abnormal tissue growth, including tumors with or without inflammation, should be checked immediately. If we detect cancer in its early or mid-stage, patients can overcome it with mental strength. Cancer doesn't mean death; we must fight it with courage and strength."

As I listened to her, I was impressed by her bravery and the value she placed on her points. She conveyed the same message I wanted to share, and her expression made everyone think about cancer awareness and how to reach the common people. She received a well-deserved applause from the audience, making India proud.

Dhiya's POV

Next, the host introduced, "Please welcome Mr. Akshadh, M.Ch (Surgical Oncology) from India, known for his boundless social service. He has performed numerous free surgeries and provided medical facilities at no cost. Recently, he was awarded for his social service by a U.S. medical university."

As I heard his name, I realized I had seen him in the press and media for his selfless work, but this was the first time I saw him in person. He was a true hero to many families.

Akshadh began, "I'm Akshadh, and I'm honored to be among you. Proper cancer awareness empowers people to fight back, so every country must take responsibility for the next steps. Better access to effective prevention and curative treatments can reduce cancer deaths in the coming years. A good lifestyle with proper exercise and diet directly benefits our bodies. Unfortunately, many people are addicted to foods that cause cancer, so avoiding tobacco, fast foods, junk foods, and preserved foods is crucial."

After his presentation, he glanced at me and took a seat opposite mine. We exchanged smiles, and he received appreciation and positive reviews from the judging panel.

The presentation concluded, and the judges deliberated for 15 minutes before announcing the results.

"Hello everyone, we appreciate all the specialists from different countries who shared their opinions. We have selected six members for a two-week training program in the U.S. for future projects, and any objections can be reported immediately."

They listed the selected members, and I was thrilled to see my name on the list, along with Akshadh's. I couldn't find him in the audience, though, and wondered if he had declined the training opportunity or was busy with other commitments. This training was crucial for every doctor to help cancer patients, and I hoped he would reconsider.

################################

Hi friends!!!

I welcome you all for my second novel. Kindly do give your support if you like my story.

PLEASE DO VOTE & COMMENT IF YOU LIKE MY STORY.