Promise

On that day Akshadh went to the farmhouse to reminisce all his precious memories

On that day Akshadh went to the farmhouse to reminisce all his precious memories. He stayed there for long. Dhiya's smile followed wherever he goes in that home. He felt warmth in his heart. He ignored all the phone calls that he received on that day. Only he picked up his maa's call and after informing, he switched off the phone.

In the evening he went to meet his friend Rahul Sharma. He was his school friend. After talking to him for two hours he felt a bit of relaxation.

At night, he reached the home. Janu and his maa were waiting for him in the doorsteps. He parked his bike and enter inside without even had a glance at Janu.

Janu went inside the kitchen to pick up the varieties that they have prepared on that day. Then, she arranged everything in the dining table.

Akshadh's maa took him to a private place and questioned, "Is it right? Do you have anything in your head, Akshadh? It is the first day after your wedding. You should be at home but you didn't. Can't you pick up the mobile at least? Do you know how much it makes me and her worried?" She was fuming in anger with a lot of questions.

"Maa, I was busy," he replied shortly.

"Don't lie. When did you learn to lie? Where did you go today is my another question but it is not the right time to discuss here. Refresh and come back soon at least from now don't hurt that soul," she requested and walked towards Janu showing a faint smile.

After fifteen minutes, Akshadh and Siddharth came down.

"Janu, you sit next to Akshu. Let me fill food for you people," she said kindly. Akshadh turned his face in anger.

"No aunt, you sit and take the food. It is the time for you to take medicines," Janu said caringly.

"No Betti, today is your first day after your marriage. I wish to see you both eating together," Janu understood her feelings and she was about to sit. Akshadh gained annoyance to the core hearing their converse.

"Maa, you sit and we shall eat together as usual," Akshadh's forced his maa to sit and they filled the dishes in all their plates.

Few of the dishes were new and Akshadh could easily recognize it that it was not prepared by his maa. He ignored the food which was not prepared by his maa. Janu noticed everything and had the food silently.

"Janu, very nice. You have cooked very well. My taste buds are begging me to eat more.. I loved it," Akshadh's maa complimented. Janu smiled.

Akshadh moved away making himself deaf and washed his hands. Then, Siddhu followed Akshadh. Both the brothers watched the TV for sometimes. The ladies pick up the empty vessels to the kitchen and Janu washed it after giving medicines to her mother in law. Akshadh maa wished to talk to Akshadh but what if he says something negatively? It may spoil Janu's peace. He will change slowly with her love. It is the time for him to give space. She consoled herself and dozed off.