Terrible Night

Akshadh's POV

She closed her eyes slowly and lost her balance. I grabbed her tightly from falling and held her in my arms. I tapped her cheeks but of no response "Maaa...Amma...Bring water sidddhuu...." I shouted

Siddhu came running with a jug of water. I made maa to lay in my lap and tapped her cheeks continously but of no response. Then, I got the water from him and poured it in my palm. I sprinkled in her face and tapped again.

"Maa, get up...Did you hear me?" I screamed.

Siddhu and I made her to lay in floor.

I thumped her chest continuously to have the response. I can't console my crying brother. "Siddhu start the car, amma needs oxygen supply,"

He ran out and started the car. I carried amma in my arms and get into the car. I made her lay comfortable in my arms. He drove the car fastly. As time was 11.30p.m specialist doctors will not be found at this time. The mumbai city was not that familiar to us. We usually came here and stay for couple of days then return back to Delhi.

Siddhu took us to D.H hospital, mumbai one of the famous hospital here. I took amma in my arms letting my tears down. I rushed to the hospital. The nurse checked my mom and took her to the ICU ward.

Few minutes later, Recognizing me the doctor who was incharged in night duty ran towards me.

"Akshadh's sir, your amma is in critical stage. We gave oxygen mask to extend her life but we can't hold her till morning. Now, she needs heart specialist to examine her and to proceed for further treatment,"

"Then soon contact the heart specialist without delay sir, please," I pleaded controlling the tears.

"I am sorry sir, we can't call him now," he said bending his head.

"Why?" I almost shouted at him.

"He took leave for two days," Thinking for a minute "Sir, there is an option, contact the M.D of the hospital and she may help you by sending alternate doctor," he said giving the mobile number to me as it was late night, not a right time to call her.

I tried to contact her but of no response. Sighing, I tried again and again, somehow she picked the call.

"Madam, Akshadh Jai (Oncologist, VTM hospital, Delhi) speaking here, I need a favor from you. My mom is admitted in your hospital in critical,......situation...., she need a heart....specialist immediately, please ... arrange.... for it," I stammered with tears rolling in my eyes.

"What? Sorry couldn't hear properly"

I repeated again as it was like signal problem.

"Akshadh Jai? I will arrange immediately," she said and hanged the call without hearing the next word from me.

Within fifteen minutes, a car came in high speed and stopped in front of a hospital. I hope he was the heart specialist doctor. He showed a small smile to me and rushed to the ICU ward.

Third person POV

Akshadh was thinking bad about him as he was responsible for his mom's situation. He badly needs his mom back. He is praying to God silently to help his mom by wiping the cornered tears. He was melting for her completely. He sat in the nearby chair and cupped his face by his palm.

On the other side, Siddhu was looking at the small glass opening in front of the ICU ward. Unable to control the tears, he stood there and often turned to see his brother. He had never seen the raised voice of his brother before his mom but today is totally messed up and now everything get collapsed.