Chapter 24: now what?

STEVE POV:

It had been a few days since the conference and y/n was still shaken up. The questions really got to her and once people found out she was with both of us they pounced on her. Her and Bucky were also on end with eachother after a fight about her smoking. I had a sneaking suspicion but left it alone to give her, her space like we talked about but Bucky couldn't let it go. I dont blame him of course but it has made things hard. Ever since the conferences though people have been pushing the trial ahead. They wanted things done now. Our word as a team ment nothing we had to take action for people to belive us. Right now Y/n was speaking with Tony and his lawyers prepping for the trial to come. And Bucky was taking out his agression in the gym.

YOUR POV:

" is it really that bad" I ask looking between Tony and his lawyers.

" take a look for yourself." One of them said sliping over a tablet.

" fuck" I said scrolling through all the articles. They all sucked there were pictures of Bucky and me behind the building shouting, him grabbing my arm, me crying and running away. It was bad but the headlines were worse.

" winter soldier is back? James Barnes seen abusing his current girlfriend."

" what would Steve say? James Barnes seen assaulting his shared girlfriend with the captain outside a conference about her assualt"

" photo evidence the winter soldier is back."

" y/n the avengers sleeze seen playing victim outside the Black Widow conference."

" who is y/n y/l/n? The girl stirring up the lives of the avengers."

" y/n y/l/n the whore who split the avengers."

I felt tears well in my eyes as I read the last one but I blinked them back and shoved the tablet back to Tony.

" what can we do?" I asked

" we go on trial for Natasha and end all of this and if you want the press to leave your relationship alone you need to cuddle back up to Buckaroo and Maybe quit smoking" Tony said slightly cringing at the anger that immediately came to my face.

" see you tomorrow" I said standing up and leave the meeting early. I know smoking is bad but it's not that easy. Now everyone is on my ass about it and it sucks. Bucky talked to Wanda who came to me and then of course all the press came out and the whole team tried to TLC intervention my ass. The only person who didn't know was Katherine. That was nice because I wanted to tell her on my own. I was actually on my way to see her and decided today was the day I would and I would start trying to quit and help myself, on.my.own.

I went straight to Katherines office and skipped my smoke break. I got down and knocked on the door then waited. After a few seconds it opened and Katherine welcomed me in.

" hey y/n before we start I would like to talk to you about somethings" she said grabbing out her notepad and pen. I nodded and sat at the edge of the couch now visibly anxious. " what the hell things seemed to be going great what happened?" I thought to myself but then quickly came back to reality and Katherine spoke.

" Bucky and Wanda came to talk to me and y/n they are worried about you. They told me you have a habit of smoking I'm assuming is from your past. You are doing so good and this is the only thing holding you back and pulling you into your past life. You need to quit it to become healthy not just mentally physically. So I would like to help you with this by weining you off slowly working down to quiting completely." She finished looking up at me. Her face instantly fell in worry. I was red with anger and shaking I had tears running down my face but I didn't care I got up and left slamming the door.

" JARVIS get Bucky and Wanda to my floor now." I said storming down the hall in fury. I bulldozed my way through people I didn't care I was boiling like a hundred drums of oil. I made it to my floor and saw Wanda and Bucky sitting in the livingroom looking at eachother worried expressions in their face. I stormed up to them and got right to it.

" YOU, BOTH OF YOU! HOW FUCKING COULD YOU!? YOU WENT TO MY THERAPIST BEHIND MY BACK TO TATTLE ON ME. MY THERAPIST THAT IS SUPPOSED TO INDIVIDUALLY HELP ME! SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDNT KNOW! I WAS GOING TO TELL HER ON MY OWN AND HELP MYSELF BY MYSELF! BUT NO YOU HAD TO MEDDLE IN AND RUIN IT. I CANT I NEED TO GO I'M UGH" I screamed then turning around and leaving.

I heard them both call after me but I ignored them leaving the building I was still crying while I walked. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it taking a drag. I walked down the street when I was a gaggle of press run towards me for a moment I was confused then I felt a pair if strong arms grab me and throw me over their shoulder. I thrahed and screamed afraid I was being kidnapped but they just kept going untill I was settled in a back alley. " this is it i'm going to be murdered." I thought as they set me down. I curled into a ball and held us my arms in defense. The same hands grabbed my forearms. They pulled them away from my face hushing me? I knew it was probably dumb but I let my arms go down and I saw Steve sitting infornt of me. I looked at him for a moment and stared.

" what the fuck Steve! What the hell was that!" I say realizing what happened and becoming angry again.
" you can't just do that to me Steve my anxiety just went haywire I thought I was killed or worse again." I said shoving him and sitting up.

" you can't keep running." Steve called from the ground. I stopped and turned to him.

" excused me" I say standing in place.

" when things get tough or go wrong you freak out and run leaving everyone else behind to pick up the pieces and we all worry." Steve said walking towards me.

" would you rather me just stay and completely crumble and become the shell of who I am again. We saw what happens when I stay and be quite its bad Steve at least when I leave its easier for you guys!" I say.

" but Its not! How you felt when I grabbed you is how we all feel when you leave. Left alone and Afraid, expecting the worst." Steve said.

" I can't go back right now Steve I need to be away to clear my head it's all to much." I said looking at him.

" Where do you wanna go?" Steve asked.

" to this little bookstore a few blocks from here it was where I was heading anyways." I said waiting for Steve.

" can you just promise to be back by dinner or 6:30 or please." Steve asked taking my hands in his. I nodded and then left down the street to the book store. It was quite inside when I got there. I headed to the back to my usual spot and sat down finally relaxing letting go of my breath. It was nice. I just didn't like that I had a curfew. I wasn't Steve's child even if it feels like it. But I also didn't want to worry anyone so I decided against staying out later.