The Path of Honor: A Musical One Shot

Before you'll actually read this one, this one was actually follows the writing style of "Destined to Defend". But it doesn't follow the plot that was in the story.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kion: I should probably mention this to my parents.

When I arrived back, I went to see my parents. Who are occasionally busy talking to the leader of the herds lately. I walked to dad and I asked him.

Kion: Hey, dad? Can you and mom have a private chat with me?
Simba: Sure, son. Nala? Our son wants to talk to us.
Nala: Okay. Just a moment, please.

And we head off to the ledge.

Kion: Okay. I wanted to talk to you because... I had a problem. You see, well, Ma Tembo has a responsible task and I wanted to help her but she would handle that on her own. Finding water was a not so easy task for her, but seeing her having her own responsibilities. It frustrates and upsets me a lot. I know being a leader wasn't even easy, but, maybe it was a lot for me to carry.
Simba: I know it's frustrating, Kion. But leading the elephants is Ma Tembo's responsibility. There's not a lot that we can't do. Elephants have the ability to find water. Not lions.
Kion: I know, I just wish I could help. I know what's like to be a new leader with new responsibilities for me to hold on.

My mom giggled.

Simba: You know, that's exactly we both have in common now.
Kion: Huh?
Nala: Come here, and we will tell you.

I came by my mother's side and sat down.

Nala: You know, Kion, your dad sang this song for you when you're just a baby. And now, it's our turn to sing this for you. Our dear Kion.

Then my mom winked to my dad. He sat beside me then they sung to me my lullaby.

Simba: This life that we lead.
Nala: This role of leadership.
Simba: Never said it would be easy.
Nala: Sometimes you've stumbled and trip.
Simba: And then you get back up.
Nala: Get stronger from the fall.
Simba: It's part of our role.
Nala and Simba: 'Cause in the end of it all.

It's the path of honor, these duties we hold we must face them head on we must be bold, it's our life's calling to help our friends, it is the Path of Honor. Till the Pridelands end...

Woah. I've never knew that they sang this to me. I've smiled back to my parents, and sang along with them. And trying not to cry. Hopefully.

Kion: In times, it seems too much.
Simba: You handled it all in stride.
Kion: I have to find it within me.
Nala: It comes from deep inside.
Kion: It's more than I expected.
Simba: But still sometimes, it's fun.
Kion: I try to do my best.
Nala and Simba: And we're proud that you're our son.

I smiled yet, cried. I know that it seemed crazy, I loved them. I cannot even hold my tears for much longer.

Together: It's the path of honor, these duties we hold we must face them head on we must be bold, it's our life's calling to help our friends, it is the Path of Honor. Till the Pridelands end.
Kion: I never thought I'd be a hero.
Simba: I had doubts about being a king.
Nala: And yet we've both embraced our roles.
Simba: It's part of what we bring.
Together: What we bring!

It's the path of honor, these duties we hold we must face them head on we must be bold, it's our life's calling to help our friends, it is the Path of Honor, it is the Path of Honor, it is the Path of Honor.
Kion: Till the Pridelands end.
Together: Till the Pridelands end...

We cuddled each other. I sobbed. I was incredibly happy. I don't know what to say to my parents. I really felt thankful for them.

Kion: Thank you for this nice lullaby, mom, dad. You're right. I guess life is full of responsibilities. And we all have our own to take care of.
Nala: Yes. And Kion, we are so proud of you. We didn't know that you're gonna became a leader. But actually, you are our precious star. Our angel. And seeing you grow up to be a leader, you became more confident, you became more wiser and you became more fiercer than everyone else.
Simba: And you were just a baby that you've wondered what would your destiny be until, you've found it. And in all of our hearts, we'll never stop supporting and loving you, Kion.
We love you so much. And we are so proud of you. Kion, from a young cub to a Prince. To a Leader. To a role model. To a great friend. And to a grown-up and a responsible cub.

I cried at their deepest messages that they told me. I really felt touched by them. I don't know how to feel and say to them. Yet, I spoke to them, and at the same time, cried at them.

Kion: Mom, dad. I would like to thank you for everything that you've gave me. For what I learned, for what I cherished and for all of your love that you've gave me. I'll never be a leader today if it weren't for you. You never gave up on me. You  believed me. You sacrificed everything for me. You helped me reach what I was meant to be. I owe you guys a lot. You were my leaders in my heart.

They embraced me once more. I really felt their warmest hugs. I cried once more, and I felt the joy that I've never felt for a long time. There is still one more thing that I never said to my parents.

Kion: I love you.

My mom and dad were suprised. Yet, they continued hugging me.

Nala and Simba: We love you too, Kion.

We cuddled each other deeply. We don't want this moment to last. A few moments later, my parents broke the hug.

Simba: I think we need to get back to meeting time.
Nala: Your dad's right.
Kion: Okay. Thank you again.

My mom and dad walked back inside. Leaving me, alone. Yet, smiling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey everyone! This one shot is called, "Path of Honor" from the "Rise of Scar" S2 movie. And this is way different from the actual since Nala doesn't had a very large role in the movie. And I wanted to have a parent heart-to-heart talk with Simba, Nala and Kion. And here's all what I got.

It was kinda sappy, but I loved it. ❤

I really hope you've enjoyed this one shot and I'll see you in the next one! ;)

P.S: I am very sorry about my writing style. You might never get used to it as you progress and I would might just gonna do a remake of this in the near future.