Someone You Loved (Alternate Universe)

Note: This is was inspired by the book a last read called "The Lion Guard: without him" and I immediately struck a cord on writing this depressingly story. Hope you'll love it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A cheetah is crying beyond his mate's grave. Someone that she loved has died at a battle against Scar.

She had feared for him to risk his life under her sorrow but he did sacrificed his life for her. She really missed him so much. She had missed his company, she did missed seeing him smile, she did missed him nuzzling her so cherishly.

Yet, he was gone forever. She stared at the grave with flowers on it. It was a dim day as the wind blew in a shallow crisp breeze.

"Kion." she thought sadly, touching the grave with whimper. "I miss you."

Then she began to cry. All of her pain, all of her sorrow and all of her doubt was coming out of her. She never knew that it hurts to lose someone she had loved so dearly. It doesn't seemed right between them.

Suddenly, a wind whoosh through her as she closed her eyes sadly. Then, a spirit touched her wet cheeks as she gasped and knew that someone that she missed so much was here with her. She had not seen him but she can feel him and she knew it by a heartbeat.

"Fuli, I may not be around anymore," Kion told her, whispering to her ear. "I just wanted to know that, I love you so much. I hope you'll remember me forever and I'll always be by your side no matter what."

Then he licked her cheek before he subconsciously left her, leaving her speechless at the thought that he'll always be with her no matter what.

And as days passed and so due the weather, Fuli visits her mate's grave and she told her everything she knows about her day and everything else that happened with the Guard, the royal family, beyond others that she couldn't describe.

She felt happy beside him and she felt his spirit whenever she goes. Then one sudden moment that would change her life forever. She met a cheetah and she had adored him at the first time she saw him and obviously, they did met and they talked about themselves.

Then the conversations turned into flawless messages. Messages that mean that you're in love with someone who steals your heart headfirst. But when Fuli was cautious about her cheetah's decision to be his mate, it was possible for Kion to be mad at her for cheat at him for stealing his heart for the cheetah.

And yet, she felt scared at the end. So, she went to his grave one night and she sat down with gulit lingering her mind. Kion's spirit suddenly approaches her and he looked at her in sadness.

"Fuli, it's okay." he said whisperfully, touching her face with his paw. "You better go with him."

"Kion, I can't. I can't do this." she shooked fearfully, swiping the paw off from her face. Then tears start to fall towards her cheeks. "I was scared to lose you. I was scared to love someone else.  I loved you, Kion. I loved you so much."

"But you can still be with that Azaad. If he really loves you so much, I think that's the best that we could part ways." he said in a calm tone.

"But what about you? I had loved you way longer than I remembered. Seeing you take the lead and seeing you sacrifice your life before mine, makes me realize that, I had fallen into your heart." she cried out, begging softly beneath his gaze.

"Fuli, listen. I died and I had joined the Great Kings. They'll take care of me. I'll be okay. Just go with him. And starting tonight, I'll let you go. I'll let you go for the sake of your life." he pleaded out, placing his paw underneath hers.

"Kion, you can't do this! No, you cannot leave me like this. Please, I can't live this life without you." she cried out, more of her tears began to drip on her cheeks.

"I love you, Fuli and I think this is the best to move on." he said sadly and she lunged into him to give him a big embrace.

"Please, Kion, please. I love you so, so, so much. Please, don't leave me." she sobbed, leaning her head towards his and she closed her eyes as she breathed sadly then she whispered, "My life will never be the same without you."

Kion stared at her and he closed his eyes as he began to cry. He knew how much she loved him. Yet, he had saw her with Azaad and she had bonded with him so well, but he knew that he had to let go of her. It may be hard to accept the real fact but it was the best for her.

He shoved Fuli away from himself then he stood up.

"Fuli, listen to me." he whispered as he stared at her tearful eyes. "I know things might gonna go into a different view now, but I wanna thank you for all the things that you had done for me. For the both of us.

And you know that letting me go was hard, but you'll had to realize that I was gone forever and all the things that we had done together before I die was just memories flickered to your brain.

We had to move on, Fuli. It's time to open your heart to someone else."

Fuli stared at him understandably and she sobbed quietly. She had felt pain on the words that he spoke, yet the truth had told her. He was right, he may be gone forever but he wants her to move on. It may be painful to see him go, but it was for the best.

"You're right, Kion." she nodded sadly, only to begin to cry more. "After many years of loving each other, I think it is time to seperate ways. But Kion, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for the love that you give, the life that you cherished me, and the memories that you had shared with me.

I know this is gonna be hard, but I promise that I'll move on. Not only cause I loved you means that I had to let yourself loose.

And I promise to tell my cubs about you, as someone that I loved and as someone who helped me to be who I am today."

They smiled and they embraced each other as they cried on their shoulders. She finally smiled as she knew that she was gonna be fine without him. They had kissed each other tenderly before Kion whisked away back towards the heavens.

Fuli opened her eyes and she saw that his spirit wasn't around her anymore. She had looked into the sky and felt her heartbeat beating differently, mainly due to Kion finally letting her go.

"I love you, Kion. No matter what." she thought as she smiled softly at the morning light which brought the crisp air that she felt underneath her fur.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Inspired by Lewis Calpadi's "Someone You Loved", I had wrote a broke up one-shot dedicated to the Kion and Fuli fans out there (are you STILL really out there?) and I hope you'll love this one-shot as much as I do.

I may gonna be working on a sequel on this on a another song, and hopefully, I had much time during my two month break.