It is Time

The day after Kion and Rani had married, comes new bound responsibilities that they would face each other. Especially when it comes to royalty.

Kion came out from the tree and he stretched himself out as the sun's rays were shining through him.

Then he heard a distant yawn from behind him.

"Rani." he whispererd as he turned around to see his mate coming out from the tree.

She blinked her eyes squirmy as she dazed off from the morning sun's rays then she focused on Kion as he approaches her with a nuzzle.

"Good morning." she muttered softly. "The day was pretty good today."

"It sure is." he remarked.

"Well, I wanna start this day right with you. And I cannot still wait to rule this kingdom with you, Kion." she said softly.

He gave her a soft lick on her cheek as she walked away from him.

"Come on, we better get on patrol." she insisted as Kion stood up and they ran together.

When they arrived at the mountain pass, the Night Pride, including the former Lion Guard were waiting for them.

"Kion! Thank goodness you're here!" Fuli praised as she playfully rolled his eyes at him.

"Your majesties!" Ono said as he bowed down in respect of the new royal couple.

"The pleasure was ours, Ono." Rani nodded firmly to him and she approaches her brother, Baliyo.

"Good morning, sis." he greeted.

"Good morning too, Baliyo." she greeted back with a smile then she turned around to the pride then she asks, "How was the land going?"

"It was swell, yet peaceful ever since Kion had that Roar against them." Anga explained as she landed swiftly on the ground.

"And there's no either sign of Makucha and his army either." Ono adds. "I guess they had learned their lesson."

"Indeed. At least I won't be able to startle on Mama Binturong again." Bunga said bemusedly as he bumps Rani's shoulder with a smile.

"Indeed." Ono nodded.

Kion looked at his friends with such delight as he positively reminds himself that he would be always be friends with them no matter what the weather may be.

"And did you ever know what day it was now?" Bunga said suddenly.

"What?" Baliyo asks.

"Today was Kion's first day as King of the Tree of Life!" he responds as he puts his arms up in the air.

"Oh, yeah!" Fuli smiled as the other friends nodded agressively. "We shall do something to celebrate his first day."

"Yeah! But I would like to consider myself a party animal myself, so--" Baliyo exclaimed.

"I would love a celebration, guys, but Rani and I would be busy ruling later." Kion cuts him off with a breif decline. "We're just here to check on you guys. And I think, you did a swell job on taking on patrols."

"Thanks, Kion." Beshte acknowledged.

"Sure, but we had to go. We'll had a meeting to attend to." Kion said as Rani heads to his side and they left.

"Well, too bad, Kion is not even celebrating his first day." Bunga muttered as he looked at Beshte with a slight frown.

"Yeah, considering how far that he may journeyed so far." Beshte complains. "He should be celebrating his milestone in his life."