The Hyenas' Journey [Exclusive First Draft]

As you may have read in UltimateRaichu 's book, The Lion Guard: Untold Stories, here was the exclusive draft that I wrote in that chapter. More will be explained when you'll end this chapter. Happy reading!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As they traveled through a shortcut that Azaad just knew a while ago. They followed the riverbed through it's mouth, which it took a few days before they have reached the ravine log bridge.

"Easy does there." muttered Janja as he slowly walked along the log.

"You don't have to be afraid if you'll just gonna cross this bridge." chuckled Jasiri.

When they stepped down, Jasiri accidentally tripped on the branch which Janja quickly catches her out with their noses barely touching. He quickly stood up with his breath trembling as he feels heated up inside like he was starting to feel the feeling that he doesn't know too long.

"Sorry....?" said Janja.

"It's okay, it's fine." Jasiri shyly chuckled as she walks away. "Come on, we better get going before the sunset's down."

"It's almost night." said Azaad. "We'll need to find a cave to stay in."

Janja points a near by cave as they sheltered in for the night.

As the night passed through, Janja suddenly awoke with a gasp thinking a lot of things that he couldn't thought about before he united with Jasiri.

He became good friends with her as they set their goal to protect their land, the Outlands and now, he was thinking twice if he was truly falling for her or maybe...he was starting to grow a side for her that he may never seem to feel uncomfortable with. All of it may be still confusing for him, but there's nothing to bother around them being in love. Or so in love, if you wanna confirm that.

He stood up and he quietly step out outside as he sees the twinkling stars beyond the skies. He fondly remember what Jasiri taught him a while ago....

"That stars connected each other are called a constellation." said Jasiri, pointing to one star to another.

Janja is seemed amazed looking at the stars above as it sparkles like a thousand of lights flickered throughout the black sky.

"You seemed amazed, huh?" chuckled Jasiri.

"Uh...yeah." muttered Janja, still looking at the night sky.

"There was only a reason why we're here, cause I needed to confess about something." said Jasiri, her smile faded.

Janja then faced her as he knew that she wasn't feeling quite right.

"There are sometimes you'll have to realize that when you woke up and you'll have this big responsibility that you just cannot handle." she confessed. "It's just too overwhelming and...I--"

"Jasiri, everyone knows that you're gonna be a great leader. And I would let Kion say the same thing about you." said Janja.

"But Janja, being a leader doesn't mean that you'll gonna seek for some native fun. It's all about being responsible to all of the animals and following every Circle of Life rule that I must demonstrate through every single one of them." she cried. "It's hard to embrace that you've stepped out of your cave once you've known your calling in life."

"I know it's hard to embrace it, Jasiri." said Janja, his small smile filled with sympathy. "But you'll just got to get along with it. Life goes on and on as we get more unexpected surprises. Everyone in the Outlands just gave you such a big role that it'll change your life plus, you have me to help you guide your way."