C H A P T E R O N E

Arguably, attraction is false.

Scientists claim that attraction is a primal urge to mate with another who's immune system repels different bacteria and diseases in comparison to yours in hopes of the best chance of survival for your offspring.

Literaturists claim it is a bonding of the soul and or mind with similar interests and opposing ones if you believe in the term "opposites attract"; to always be challenged but have common ground to flourish on within their similars.

Mathematicians claim it is a product of likelihood or a variable that can be plotted on a graph and then predicted. Their features or likes and dislikes are common to you and therefore the modal default choice of what you look for in another.

I believe attraction to not have a reason for its 'attractiveness' as sometimes it is truly unexplainable. Sometimes the fluttering heart and butterflies have no reason or purpose to be present but they are.

Attraction is unpredictable - for certain things.

Some could say that they are attracted to height or tallness but the term 'tallness' can be considerably subjective and is what they define as tall.

Some could say that like a strong person but again this is something subjective; it is also considerably perspective on whether or not the physical or mental attribution is what is wanted.

In the case of unpredictability you must pick an aspect that is neither subjective nor perspective, for example: the amount of limbs, eye colour or even their gender.

As the saying goes every person is unique and to whom they are attracted to is also. So when picturing you're ideal parter what do they look like? What do they act like?

Does he or she have deep blue eyes or forest green ones?

Does he or she have an Italian accent or an American one?

Does he or she thrive in an academic setting or a sporting one?

So many factors and questions and options that it is not always something you have a chosen choice about. You don't always care what their limb count is, what their eye colour is or, for some, what their gender is.

Whether or not you care is also subjective.

Before answering who my perfect he or she is I must elucidate how absolutely fine it is to be attracted to someone that isn't the same as who you're friends or such the like are attracted to.

Not in the paedophilic kind of way but the subjective one. It does not matter if your perfect person has white, black or blue skin and if they have brown, blue or no eyes at all; I digress.

Who is your perfect person?

Well, I would like to say I'm not considerably picky but I'm a teenage girl so that would be totally wrong.

I must firstly address my sexuality and say that I am heterosexual and therefore enjoy the company of men; I do prefer them to be taller than my 5'6 stature and doubt my ability to be attracted to anyone smaller than that.

On the basis of personality, that's a bit of a tricky one. I have many teenage girl fantasies such as dating the bad boy but I also have a young woman's mind of sustainability in my choice of man.

I guess I would like someone smart and funny? After that I'll have to play it by ear.

Age wise I'm 18 (19 in a few months but whose counting) and would like someone also at this age but am willing to hold a +3 year rule (only above me however), so up to 21 I guess but it's slightly a grey area.

Eye colour I would not mind either way but I guess there's nothing wrong with having a preference and my internal preference would most likely lean towards green eyes.

Hair colour is hard as people dye it and it can be culturally dependant.

There is one rule I stick to when it comes to my kind of attraction though: I don't date blondes.