C H A P T E R F O U R T Y - N I N E

I sprinted along the landing from my room to Noah's and slammed the door open and then closed once again.

My eyes widened as before me stood a shirtless Noah standing there in low hanging blue jeans.

I bit my lip as my eyes devoured his body. Not only were his jeans hanging dangerously low but his torso but sculpted so well that it almost wasn't believable that he wasn't a professional athlete.

"Juliet?" Noah asked stepping forward with a sly smirk. "Shhh!" I said running up to him and covering his mouth with my hand.

I could hear muffled talking between Dad and Elle and predicted that I didn't have much time. I turned to face Noah once again and upon realising how close I was to his bare chest I stumbled back blushing ferociously.

Noah chuckled, "like what you see Thomas?". I shook my head, "no! I really need you to do me a favour and do something so I can't see you at all"

"I didn't realise I was so distracting to look at that you need to completely not see me" he teased,

I shook my head, "no Noah I-"

"Gotcha!" Elle cried slamming the door open. Her surprise caused me to fall back into Noah who held me tight to ensure I didn't fall and the shocked look on Elle's face was one I would never forget.

"You're Noah?!" Elle shouted in alarm and surprise.

"Noah James" he said holding out his hand to my wide eyed best friend. She took it slowly as she didn't tear her eyes away from his face.

She looked to me then back at him and then back to me once more. "I'm going to go put a shirt on" Noah stated as he scratched the back of his neck and left.

Before I could say anything and explain Elle held her hand up to me. "Firstly he's hot as hell so no worries there, Secondly I can't believe you brought your boyfriend to come and see your parents and thirdly, and most importantly, HOW IN THE HELL IS HE BLONDE?!" she ended up screaming.

I was certain the whole house had heard Elle's mental breakdown. I dragged her out of his room and into mine. "He's not my boyfriend and he's blonde because of his genetics duh" I retorted feeling slightly agitated at her outburst.

"You didn't answer my comment about his hotness" Elle teased,

"There's nothing to say" I said shrugging my shoulders, "so then you agree that he's hot?" She challenged.

"Elle I never said that" I replied.

She giggled as she jumped on my bed, "I was here to come and see my bestie and spread some news but now I see she has a new companion"

I rolled my eyes and I finished tying my hair up into a ponytail, "we're going out and you can join us?" I asked grabbing my stuff.

Elle shook her head, "no,no. You enjoy your date, I'm no third wheel" she teased,

"It's not a date!" I retorted, "whats the news anyways?" I asked.

Elle bit her lip as I turned to look at her in the eye, "you see that's why I decided to come over"

I raised an eyebrow at the nervous girl sitting on my bed. "You see I-"

"Spit it out Elle!" I said as I could hear Noah moving around on the landing outside my door.

Elle scratched her head as she whispered, "he's back from military camp"

My face furrowed in confusion as I asked, "who's back?"

She sighed thoughtfully and sat up straighter, "Ryder is back"

"Ryder is back from military camp".