C H A P T E R F O U R T Y

"Oh" I mumbled watching him shake it around in the air.

"I know my dad deserves the truth and the truth always ends up coming out anyway so what is the point in prolonging it?" He asked,

I nodded, "that is very true, so you're worried about what he'll do or say or?" I asked him tentatively.

He shook his head, "of course I'm worried about that but then I'm also worried about my mum. She's done wrong but she's my mum and this could completely ruin her marriage if she even cares about that anymore and then there's Ashleigh" he explained, "I don't only have myself to consider".

The confliction on Noah's face was clear. It was truth or his family and it was tearing him apart. "The sad part is that I'm not only angry at her, I'm angry at dad too. He's been pushing her away for a while with all of his conferences and trips and I guess that it took its toll on her and she finally snapped".

"Can I go?" He whispered looking at me. My eyes widened as I realised he was waiting for an answer from me, "Noah I think you can do anything but if you want to do it is the question you need to ask yourself".

He groaned, "why did she do it?". I was sure this wasn't a direct question for me but I said anyway, "that's a question you'll have to ask her".

"You're right" he said looking at me quite intently that it looked like a studying look, "very right" he continued.

"Thank you Juliet. For letting me jump all of this on you" he muttered scratching the back of his neck, "Don't worry about it Noah and anytime".

He offered me a small smile as he stared at me for a few moments and then stood up. I followed suit as he embraced me into another hug.

"You're amazing" he whispered into my hair and I gently shook my head, "I think you're the amazing one, dealing with all this? That's a superpower".

For the first time, I was sure in a while for him, he chuckled lightly. He pulled away but not far enough as he was still close enough for me to feel the warmth radiating from his body.

"I'll decide before the end of this week" he whispered gently as his eyes flittered around my face which earned a modest nod in return.

He swallowed and then stepped away, "good night Juliet" he said,

"Good night Noah" I replied as he walked off of the balcony and through my room to the door. Movement caught my eye as I saw the envelope caught between an unkempt branch of the wooden chairs I had.

It was fluttering against the winds that were blowing as I quickly picked it up. "Noah!" I called just as he reached my door, he turned in alarm as I raised the envelope a little higher for him to see.

"You're forgetting this" I said as he gave a little smile and walked back. As he reached the door separating my room from the balcony a gust of wind threw itself against the balcony and caused me to slightly topple to the left and my fist to unclench.

"Crap!" I called as I watched the envelope fly away into the wind, "Noah I need to get it back" I said trying to run past him but he didn't let me.

He shook his head and stood there like a doorman to a club, "don't you see Juliet?" He questioned making me look from him to the vast outdoors to which he was gesturing,

"You just decided for me".