C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T H R E E

He brought himself closer to me as he asked, "you still want to stay?"

I nodded, "I'm hoping the night isn't over" I said.

His breathing got shallower as his bent knees brushed mine, "I'm going to ensure we have the best time" he breathed.

His hands cupped my face as my breathing mirrored his.

He watched me intently with his hands still cupped around my face. I could feel him leaning in closer as I breathed out a, "Noah".

In response he breathed out, "Juliet". The way he said my name made my stomach flutter in a way I didn't want to admit out loud.

He continued to lean in and I should have been terrified but I wasn't.

His lips were resting just on top of mine as his deep breathing mixed with my own and our lips fanned each other momentarily.

His tongue darted out to wet his lips and gently licked mine as I shuddered.

I should be trying to stop him,

I didn't.

His lips began to press pressure against my own-

"Noah" Dom called and I pulled away heavily breathing as I realised where I was and what I was doing.

I heard Noah groan quietly as he looked directly into my eyes.

"Was I interrupting something?" Dom asked munching his popcorn that he had brought back.

"No" I said,

"Yes" Noah challenged as he stood up, looked at Dom and then back at me.

I stood up and walked around Noah, "No you weren't" I emphasised, "let's go",

I began to walk towards Dom as Noah ran up just behind me, "Juliet" he called quietly.

I refused to look at him and kept walking with my eyes kept forward, "Juliet" I heard him call louder.

He was now next to me as I kept the same intent as before, "Juliet!" He called putting his hand on my arm and stopping me from walking.

"What happened back there I-" he started to say,

"No Noah!" I shouted as his face adorned a pained expression, "nothing happened back there, nothing was going to happen and please leave it alone!".

His jaw tightened as he looked to the floor and put his hands in his pockets.

"Okay" he said with no further argument.

I watched him for a moment as his eyes refused to meet my own, then they looked up to meet mine. A small smile was put on his face, "can't blame a guy for trying",

I shook my head and gave him a small smile in return, "I won't".

"Ferris wheel anyone" Kyla called giggling. I gestured my head towards the ride as Noah gave me a brighter smile.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the ride, "promise to tell me next time when you might have a mini heart attack?"

I laughed as he gave a small chuckle, "I won't keep any promises" I teased.

"What about next time though?" Noah asked with a smile as the ride began to move,

"There's a next time?" I joked with an eyebrow raised.

"Don't say you've already decided never to go out with me again" he teased,

"As long as you're sure there's more friendly activities out there?" I asked ensuring to slip the word 'friend' in there somewhere

"Is this you friend-zoning me into oblivion?" He questioned.

I nodded and answered, "a blonde one".

"A friendly, blonde oblivion" he repeated shaking his head with a smirk and muttered, "I'll be sure to test how permanent it is".

I couldn't ignore the small voice in my head telling him to test it and I most definitely couldn't ignore the feeling in my chest that was hinting at what could happen if he did.