C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - O N E

I stepped further away from the clown like doll with a yelp. My heart was beating faster and my breathing was more rapid as I continued to speedily back away into the corner.

My back hit the corner as the wall fell away behind me and I was shoved forward. I spun to see a clown jumping from the wall with his mechanical, menacing laugh and I screamed.

I didn't hold back, I didn't think - it was instantaneous.

I continued to scream as I backed further and further away from the spawn of the devil.

My heart was beating so quickly I couldn't differentiate between the beats. I retreated as far as possible to the other corner as the wall fell away once again.

I was thrown forward by another mechanically laughing spookster, but my weak kneed state allowed me to fall straight to the floor. My head was drawn to the orange coloured beast to see another clown.

"No- No- Noah!" I screamed bringing my head onto the floor. It's continuous laughter ran in my eyes and devoured my screams so that I couldn't hear them.

I screamed and screamed and screamed until my throat was sore and screamed even more. Tears were threatening to break from my eyes and I wasn't sure how long I could hold them off.

"Juliet!" His voice rang louder than the demons around him as I felt his arm wrap around me. Looking up and seeing Noah I wasn't even sure if he was really there.

I threw myself at him as I tried to breathe but it wasn't working and I began to hyperventilate. His large hands wrapped around my back and knees as he picked me up off of the floor and carried me away.

I didn't know where we were going, but I knew we were moving quickly as I stuffed my face into his chest. "I've got you Juliet" I heard him whisper as he opened what sounded like a door and what I assumed to be another room.

Their demonic laughter and mechanic squeaking drew quieter and quieter and we drew further and further away.

I could feel my own body once again and I could feel myself shaking in his arms as he placed me down against the wall. "Breathe baby, breathe" he exclaimed putting his hands on my flustered cheeks.

My back hit the wall as I tried to find a flat surface to assist my steady breathing.

I hadn't been able to breathe and had been slightly afraid that I would never breathe again. Usually the flat surface was the thing that brought me out of my comatose state but Noah's voice was somehow able to bring me back from the dark space in which my mind had retreated to.

"N-Noah" I whispered shakily and he pulled me into his chest once again. This time he held me tight and showed no signs of ever letting me go.

As his arms cradled me like the frightened child I currently felt like and looked like I also came to the same conclusion.

I didn't want him to let me go either.

"D-don't let g-go" I shakily whispered balling his shirt up into my fists. He pulled me into his tighter and rested his chin on my head,

"I won't" he promised.