C H A P T E R F O U R T Y - S I X

The movie had allowed for less conversation from my mum and calmer vibes from me.

Dad and Noah had been complaining together like they had known each other their whole lives about the movie mum had picked - The Longest Ride.

Safe to say the movie was not a strict favourite of mine but it wasn't something I'd dislike watching.

It got later and later and soon mum was calling out that she was going to sleep, which meant dad would follow suit.

"I'm sure Juliet can show you to your room Noah" mum said as she embarked up the stairs with a small 'goodnight' echoing behind her. Dad rose from the sofa and smiled,

"You may not be dating my daughter but you're still a boy and she's still a girl so no funny business" my dad teased but the warning in his voice was as clear as the joke.

"I wouldn't dream of it sir" Noah said offering a confident smile,

"I think I like this one Julie" dad said strolling over to kiss me on the head and with a departing 'goodbye' and left us to our own accord.

We had left the movies running and currently a movie about gladiators was displaying. Noah was engulfed in the blood and violence as I watched him watch it.

Every time the main actor slaughtered another Noah's left eyebrow twitched slightly with excitement; his dark eyes never left the screen as the armies fought each other and his lips parted slightly as they up-roared. His lips wer-

"Quit staring at me Thomas. Your dad said no funny business and I call this funny business" his eyes never left the screen as the smirk erupted onto his face.

"Funny business?" I questioned, "I don't know what you're talking about" I huffed crossing my arms over my chest.

I watched him out the corner of my eye as he edged closer to me without tearing his eyes from the screen.

"Noah James what are you doing?" I asked apprehensively,

"You'll see" he whispered as he came closer until our thighs touched. His eyes never once left the TV throughout the whole ordeal as all I could do was stare at was the boy next to me.

His eyes seemed full of excitement over something and his leg that lay next to mine tensed slightly. I watched his face once again and saw his features soften as the hero of the movie seemed to be slaying everything in his path. His tongue slowly crawled out of his mouth and gently touched his lips as I felt my stomach knot slightly.

"Staring is funny business" Noah whispered as he turned to face me. This was the first time he had drawn his eyes from the movie and not once did the excitement leave his face leaving me to wonder if the movie had led to his excitement.

"I wasn't staring" I challenged quietly as I felt his hand moving from his thigh to mine. My breath momentarily hitched in my throat as Noah raised a hand to stroke my cheek.

"So you weren't watching my leg?" He asked with his hand stopping over my thigh and I shuddered slightly,

"You weren't watching me eyes?" He said which drew me straight to them and watched their intent gaze on me as he leant slowly forward,

"You weren't watching my lips?" He said drawing my eyes now to his lips that were a breath away. His eyes momentarily dropped down to my lips before meeting my eyes once more,

"You weren't watching me at all?" He finally questioned as I couldn't move a muscle, make a sound or bat an eyelid. His close proximity was sending goosebumps all over my skin and I wanted more of it.

All sound conclusions and reasoning left my mind because of the blonde boy in front of me.

"Guess I was wrong" he quickly stated as he sat back. I felt my body stay as still as before as a blush erupted over my face.

"You okay there Juliet you look kind of pink?" He asked with a hidden, small smirk that I picked up on immediately.

"G-great" I stammered finally moving once again.

What the hell happened?