C H A P T E R F O U R T Y - T H R E E

I hadn't planned this through.

The bags were packed, loaded and ready to go but being in the same car as Noah for 2 and a half hours was daunting.

I shouldn't have been worrying about being in the car so long with him because there was nothing to worry about. But I was.

My parents had been completely fine with him coming and my mum had been more than ecstatic to find out it had been a boy, but I'd assured to mention he was 'only a friend' to calm her over active imagination.

"I'll see you guys after the holidays?" I asked hugging Lars. Genji and Emilia were saying their goodbyes and how we would all have a night together when we came back.

Emilia had explained that her and Kane were sharing the holidays to go and see each other's families during a half of the time. Genji had said he planned to sleep his way through the holidays and Lars was set on learning to play the flute by the time he got back.

With one final wave I got into the car with a Noah who had been patiently waiting for me. "Sorry for the delay" I said turning on the engine,

"I'm the one jumping on your bandwagon during this holiday. What you say goes Thomas" he said buckling up.

I laughed as I began to pull away, "I'm glad to see that you know who's in charge"

"That I do boss" he teased.

I was still coming to terms with almost kissing Noah. I kept questioning what it meant, what I wanted it to have meant and still didn't know,

But now he was sitting in the car, next to me, on the way to see my family - this made understanding what I wanted, what it meant and coming to terms with it much harder.

Drawing myself away from my own intrusive and distractive thoughts I started to distract myself with Noah and his conversation.

The conversation was flowing light and easy and I soon forgot about time altogether. Noah was amazing at keeping conversation entertaining and didn't fail to keep me laughing the whole time.

We were soon driving into an area that I knew like the back of my hand as Noah said, "whats our ETA?"

"About 30 minutes" I said pulling up to a red light, "so that means you have 30 minutes until you can't pull out",

Noah chuckled, "or I have 30 minutes to work on charming both your parents over dazzlingly".

"I wouldn't worry too much about that. You've already won my mum over by being the opposite sex" I stated with a scoff,

"Never bought a boy home before Thomas?" He questioned, "no. That's not to say I haven't had boyfriends I just never saw them as important enough or serious enough to properly introduce".

"Well trust me I'm flattered that I'm the first guy" Noah said as I quickly turned and spotted his famous grin showcasing on his face.

"Yeah well don't get excited because otherwise my mum will" I laughed just thinking about the kind of reaction she'd have.

Soon enough I was driving up the same road I'd lived on for 18 years and was pulling up to the house I'd shared that with.

"We're here" I said parking the car and let out a breath, "ready?" Noah asked,

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I said giggling quietly Noah shook his head, "I was born ready".

We both laughed at his outburst as I turned to say, "you're so-"

"Juliet!" shrieked a woman's voice.

Here we go.