C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

It had been three days since I had moved into university.

2 days since I had gotten drunk and ruined Noah's shirt.

1 day since I'd had my most intense hangover to date.

My three days have been spent getting my bearings in and outside of the university, meeting the other first year students in my block and looking at potential societies to join.

I had found myself becoming particularly close to three other students who lived in my block: Lars, Emilia and Genji.

Lars was studying Music, Emilia studied History (which brought a smile to my face) and Genji was studying Veterinary Medicine.

I was in no way going to forget Elle who I had been calling everyday but I was glad I had people around me that I was starting to consider as friends.

Emilia and Lars were with me currently as we reviewed all the pamphlets we had been gathering this week to prepare for society signups on Friday.

"Guys!!" We heard Genji call from the other side of the door as he began to hammer his fists down. "Woah, what's the rush?" Lars replied opening the door.

"Everyone's is going to Grange Hill let's go!" Genji continued to shout. Emilia and I began to shuffle the pamphlets to one side as I called out, "why is everyone there?".

"Everyone's watching the second years project V's run" Genji said as if that clarified anything.

I recalled Noah mentioning this project when he drove me home to ensure I asked Genji, "is that the physics class?",

"Yeah" he nodded, "I got the information before most others as I do a science but we need to go!" He shouted as he started to clap his hands.

We left the room in a hurry to make our way to the hill. Grange Hill was notorious for its steep hill and then flat plateau.

"What's exactly is project V?" I asked wishing that I'd asked Noah when he mentioned it. "Well the physics class are given the letter V and must put weights on it and roll it down Grange Hill, sideways, like a cartwheel, down the steep and it has to stop on the flat beneath at the bottom so it looks like a V", Genji explained.

"Why do they do that?" Lars asked as we crossed the courtyard, Genji shrugged his shoulders and said, "I think it's part of their credits".

Students were rushing past us towards the Hill and so we decided to pick up the pace. "Apparently the top 5 in the class get invited to a formal dinner during the year and it's all fancy and whatever" Genji said basically running in front of us.

The Hill was in front of us and so were about 100 students already. Genji, being the excited child that he was, barged left, right and centre through the crowd and Lars, Emilia and I were left uttering "sorry" at all of his victims.

Genji found us a place as the front under a tree and shouted, "I'm going to see who wins, befriend them and then see this fancy dinner for myself". All three of us laughed at Genji's determination.

He began whooping and cheering as Emilia asked, "who are we meant to cheer for?".

"Hold on" I said looking closer at the lineup of physicists. There was about 15-20 of them all lined up with an object in their hands as they laughed and joked amongst themselves.

I scanned the line and just I had predicted, found Noah at one end. He was laughing with the others either side of him and I let out a cheer of, "Go Noah!".

The crowd was not as loud as I was sure it was going to get and thankfully so as I watched Noah's face furrow and begin to look towards the crowd.

I could see him scanning the faces, looking for the one that had called him out and as he gaze met mine his furrowed face turned into a smiling one.

He waved gently at me and I returned the gesture. "Who the heck is that?" Emilia asked looking at Noah over my shoulder.

"Noah James" I answered, "the person we're cheering for".