C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

"Yes Noah!" We cheered as the class walked the Hill to retrieve their V's. The smile on his face was large and happy as he started his descent down the Hill.

The student whose V had turned into a flying weapon of destruction was more than embarrassed having to walk through the crowd who were eyeing him up deadily.

The grey haired professor seemed happy with the results as he followed suit down the hill congratulating the top 5.

"Do you think Noah will take me to the dinner?" Genji asked rubbing his hands together. "You don't even know him Genji" I replied laughing.

"A minor detail" Genji brushed off as Noah approached us with the victorious V in his arms.

"Congratulations Noah!" I said as he stopped in front of us. Without warning Noah wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "thanks Juliet".

We pulled away and I tried to disguise the small blush tinting my cheeks, "thanks all you guys for the support, it was..supportive?" He said with a nervous smile.

They laughed, "anytime Noah James" Emilia replied. "Genji, Emilia and Lars" I introduced.

"Lars, future Louis Armstrong" Lars said holding his hand out for Noah to shake, which he did.

"Emilia" she introduced, "future historian when I get the degree" Noah laughed and shook her hand.

"Genji" he said sticking his hand out quickly, "available for each and every formal dinner event as a plus one".

"Genji!" I scolded as the wide grin on his face didn't falter. Noah laughed and said in response, "thanks Genji, I'll bare that in mind".

"You guys mind if I borrow Juliet for a bit?" Noah asked tucking the V under his arm.

"Go for it" Genji replied smiling, "I'm going to go and clear my schedule". The three walked off waving as I stood there with Noah.

"Don't you want to celebrate with Ashleigh?" I asked as I leant against the tree. "She's currently at home with Mum and Dad" he replied shrugging his shoulders.

"Why couldn't she leave? When I was there for the party it wasn't too far away? Or is there another reason sorry?" I rambled on. Noah laughed and shook his head.

"That's not our parents house, just one Ashleigh lives in that's close to campus" he exclaimed.

I mumbled out a weak "oh' in response. "Our parents moved from London to Preston" he said. "All the way up North?" I asked at which he nodded.

"As both my parents' kids are at university they've gone back" he shuddered, "staying overnight is not an option".

I laughed out loud as Noah looked at me and watched me. "You're beautiful" Noah mentioned quietly.

My laughter died down as he continued to watch me. "Noah" I breathed shaking my head.

"Will you come to the dinner with me?" he asked stepping closer to me. "No Noah" I said stepping away from the tree and him.

"Why?" He asked following beside me. 'You're blonde' my mind didn't fail to remind me but instead I said, "because Genji wants to go and if he can't I won't".

"That's not why. It's because I'm blonde and you automatically see it as a deterrent" Noah stated matter of factly. I shook my head again, "it's not a date so it can't be that reason" I said.

"Who said it wasn't?" He tested

"Noah" I warned,

"Fine" he grunted as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I'm going to go celebrate with the others" Noah said bluntly to which I replied, "alright have fun".

"See you around Juliet" he said staring at me with a look on his face that looked ponderous,

"See you around Noah".