C H A P T E R F O U R T Y - E I G H T

Fuck.

What had I been thinking last night? Going into his room? Demanding answers? Then being thrown against the wall and-

I groaned and slammed my head on the desk. I had been awake for about an hour and all of my wrong choices from last night flooded me head.

Emphasis on wrong choices.

The only conclusion I had been able to reach was that last night was not in fact Juliet Thomas. That my body had been possessed, taken or any other term to describe someone else controlling me and controlling my actions.

I wouldn't kiss Noah because I didn't like Noah. I didn't like his dark, brooding brown eyes or the fact that his shoulders were so broad that when he hugged you they surrounded you or his cocky smirk or boyish humour or politeness or kindness or intelligence or-

"Eughhhh" I groaned moving away from the rant that had been running in my head.

"Juliet?" My dad called from the other side of the door in which I replied, "yeah",

"When are you coming down for breakfast? We're waiting for you"

"Who's we?" I prodded

My dad laughed quietly, "me, your mum and Noah of course. Now come on I'm one hungry man".

I waited for his footsteps to fade away before I groaned again and slammed my head on the desk.

Noah.

I rose up from my desk and proceeded to walk towards the kitchen. As I stepped into the room I felt everyone's eyes snap to me as mine fell to the floor.

His gaze was unwavering and I could feel him staring intently at me, hoping I would look up and meet his eyes for a moment - but I didn't.

I couldn't.

The feverish blush that hit my face caused me to run quickly to my seat opposite Noah whose gaze hadn't left me.

"You ok Juliet?" I heard my mum asked as I refused to raise my gaze from the plate off the table and gave a firm smile and a nod.

I avoided all and every question that was batted around the table. Until my mum decided to ruin my life just a little bit more, "Are you going to be showing Noah around or keep him cooped up here?" She laughed.

I accidentally raised my gaze to see Noah who was no longer looking at me but seemed to be in his own distant world. I knew she couldn't have known there was tension between Noah and I but wasn't it a mother's job to sense it?

"Err..Yeah..sure..if he wanted" I rambled continuing to watch distant Noah. He brought himself back from wherever he was as he looked to my mother and then me.

His eyes widened slightly as he realised that he finally had eye contact with me as said, "if you're up for it so am I".

"It's settled!" Mum called clapping her hands together and shooing us both off to get ready for plans I had yet to make.

I tried to quickly get up from the table and make my way to the stairs but ended up tripping on the carpet and falling right into Noah. He watched me intently as my mum cooed, "aww Noah's there to catch you when you fall".

I couldn't help but sense a double meaning.

20 minutes later into my plan meltdown there was a knock downstairs. I was betting that it was probably one of the neighbours who had seen me attacking Noah last night coming round to ask if I'd killed him.

"Elle?" I heard my dads voice float up the stairs and I swear, just for a moment, my heart stopped.