C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - SIX

"So rarity is power?" I questioned Noah he nodded,

"Well yes, for your point of view. Having or being or doing something new will always lead to the first time being placed on a metaphorical pedestal" he said leaning over my shoulder to see what I was writing.

"I can tell why you chose history" he said keeping his close distance, "whys that?" I asked finishing my sentence to turn and smile at him,

"You write with a real passion and it makes your work so much better" he stated.

"Thank you Noah" I said for about the millionth time this evening. "I'm just being honest. You have a way with words" he said sitting back.

"Not just that" I said turning to face him, "for everything you've done today. I know you have exams and you didn't have to help but you did and I'm really thankful" I exclaimed.

Noah gave me a gentle smile and he sat forward, "it was nice to see you after how busy I've been. It's..nice with you" he said.

His fingers slightly brushed my exposed knee. I looked up and met his gaze that had seemingly never left mine.

His eyes stared with intent as the pads of his fingers danced on the top of my knee. I shivered under his light touch and goosebumps rose all over my skin.

He leant in closer to me and because he hadn't been far away from me in the first place his forehead fell on mine and I heard him whisper, "why are you so far away from me?".

I committed treachery as I leant even closer to him- the door knocked. Noah pulled away this time, "I'll get it" he said standing up.

"No no" I said standing up abruptly. I walked over to the door with Noah trailing slowly behind me. I opened the door slightly,

"Elle?!" I shouted in alarm and surprise,

"Surprise!" She shouted as I slammed the door in her face. "Noah!" I whisper yelled as he stepped closer.

"Is that Elle?" He asked with a small smile on his face, "shut up!" I continued to whisper yell. I tried pushing him into the bathroom, "what are you doing?" He asked whilst preventing me from putting him in there.

"Please" I wheezed out as I strained pushing. "Fine" he said stepping into the small room almost causing me to fall as I mouthed a 'thank you' and closed the door.

"Hey Elle" I said nervously reopening the door, Elle had a cruel smirk on her face as she stepped in and her head swivelled all around.

"I was preparing a vile telling off for you slamming the door completely in my face" she started as her eyes still continued to search, "but then I heard a guys voice and decided I couldn't be angry at a girl sneaking guys in her room because that would make me a hypocrite", Elle laughed.

I shook my head, "there's no guy here Elle I don't know what you're talking about?" I protested. I wedged myself between Elle and the bathroom door as she scoured my room from curtain to carpet.

"Who's in the bathroom?" Elle squealed as she stared me down, "no one" I muttered,

"Oh really? Then get out the way" she said as she shoved me onto the floor and then all of a sudden the door locked.

The door could only be locked from the inside, Elle hammered on the door, "who's in there!" She called,

"No one" Noah replied immediately making my giggle quietly, "you better give me a name at least and then you can sneak away in peace. If you don't I'm going to hound Juliet over here!" she called.

"Noah" he replied quietly. Elle squealed so loud I had to cover my ears, "Is this the same guy from the party?!",

She knocked twice, "see you later" she shouted to him emphasising you, "and as for you" she said pointing at me, "let your secret boyfriend sneak away and meet me downstairs".

She giggled as she walked away and as she got to the door I called, "he's not my-"; she slammed the door shut.

"You can come out" I called to Noah as he unlocked the door and stepped out. He had a massive smile as he offered a hand to help me up,

"You're welcome and good luck with her" he said and then laughed,

"Shut it Noah James!" I scolded.