why don't you understand?

I don't want your eyes of pity

Or words of encouragement
Leave me be
Because you don't understand

So i'm begging you, don't say the next sentence.

Do you know what I hate the most?

Two words, "I understand."

You don't.

You don't know what it's like.

You're not me, my pain isn't yours, my sorrow isn't yours, my tears aren't yours to cry.

And you've never lived in the hell, or trapped yourself in the underworld you built for yourself.

And you've also never watched in silent agony, tears frozen midway down your cheek, as you watched your own family fall apart, along with your heart.

You've never felt the urge to pick up a gun and press its cold barrel against your head and wonder what it would be like to press the trigger. Leave a hole in your head, in your skull, in your mind, in yourself. As the warm blood trickles down onto your white shirt and stains it a permanent red, the last thing you see is nothing. That's right nothing.
Emptiness. The world you've always longed to go to.

So don't say you understand, unless you were chained to the same walls as me.

It gives me false hope, hope that there would finally be someone to walk this road with me. This road strewn with jagged rocks that will cut through your soles and slopes that will make you fall on your back and pray for it to all end.

So don't say you understand, because you never did.

Author's Note
Hello! This is my second book of poetry and prose, if you are interested, you may check out my first book "We're Broken People" on my profile. I really appreciate the support♡