undeserving love

"What's wrong with you child? You seem to carry the air of heartbreak around you

"What's wrong with you child? You seem to carry the air of heartbreak around you."

"How did you know?"

"He lives in your eyes."

The pretty boy with dark hair and blue eyes.

"Do you stand a chance?"

"No. Not at all."

"Is he worth it?"

She smiles sadly and covers her eyes with her arm, he wouldn't want her to cry.

"Yes, he very much is."

It's me that's undeserving, it's me that's selfish.

He would do anything for her really, if she asked, she could reach in and break his heart and soul and he would still smile and forgive her.

Because that's just the way he is.

And damn her cruel heart, damn fate, even if he loved her, they could never be together.

But in the first place, who was she to fall in love with him?

She was just a girl.

And he'd let her take his first kiss, her first kiss as well, their first and their last. A kiss that tasted like ashes and regret and silent goodbyes.

It was sorrowful and heartbreaking but it held its own beauty as well, it was beautiful in its own right. He was beautiful.

And it'd only made her want him more, more than ever, she wanted to touch him and hold him and kiss him forever and ever but that would be selfish.

Yet she knew if she asked he'd let her destroy him, and it was horrible, horrible of her to have even asked something of him he had no obligation to do.

She was selfish, selfish, selfish. It was selfish, selfish, selfish.

She didn't deserve him, she didn't deserve him at all.