wish that you were here

I never really minded being on my own

I was used to it.

Then something broke in me one day, and I wanted to go home.

These concrete walls they called home wasn't home, home was where the heart was, and my heart was yours.

I wanted to go home to be where you are.

But now, even closer to you, you seem so very far.

You're standing in front of me again, your cool fingertips pressing into my skin, and for a moment, I almost believe you're real. But you're wearing that smile full of wistful longing of things that will never be, and I know.

I know you're just the white phantom that comes and goes, shattering before I can reach you, and hold you close.

You're disappearing all the time.

I know you're out there, but I don't know if you hear the words I speak to the wind when you're on my mind.

Did you know, you're always on my mind?

Remember I said I never loved you, and if they never took you, I would have.

I was wrong.

I loved you, I love you even now.

How is it that I never noticed? When that arrow shattered your heart, I broke with you.

Even now, you stand in the light, and even though your eyes hide from mine, I know they're beautiful.

I want to see your eyes.

If I stay here, there's so much I'll have to let go, but if I go, there's no knowing if I'll find the dust of your ashes.

I'm seeing your eyes in the moon again.

I must stop time travelling.

I'm seeing the snow in your hair even though it's spring.

I have to stop time travelling.

I just wish that you were here.