hold each other

Hold me

Hold me.
Hold me.
Please, hold me like you did to her.

I-

Your heartbeat surrounds me, and your breath hits the tips of my ears every few seconds.

No.

How could you hold me? You're so cruel.

And just like that, we pulled apart unceremoniously, like two jigsaw pieces deemed unfit for each other.

Why?

I know you. I know you better than anyone else does. I know you better than you yourself do. I knew you before I knew myself.

Back then, when we were kids, you were so funny and kind and full of smiles and I loved you.

I think I still do.

I always did.

That's why it hurt. It hurts. It hurts to see you be so attracted to her, it hurts to see you abandon everything just for her. It hurts so much.

Would you do the same for me?

Would you run into the rain just to find me?

Do you know, I hurt with you? Everytime those bullies threw you to the ground and took your money, every hit, every kick and punch, was a stab to my heart.

Even if you didn't hurt, I hurt for you.

I was there beside you, through everything, your pain was mine.

So why? Why? We endured it all together, both me and you, so why?Why did you choose her?

I don't want you to hold me.

Because all you're thinking of, is really the memory of her in your arms.

And I'm just her substitute.