Chapter 15

I look at Lucifer before turning around.

"I don't have time for this," I say, lifting myself into the air. "Are you going to help me or not?"

He is hesitant to answer so I take that as a no and just leave. I fly as hard and as fast as I can go, trying to get to Khaos as quickly as possible.

When I get there, I see two of the four men taken down. I see one climbing a tree behind Khaos, the other one putting his hand behind his back, leaving Khaos distracted.

I see the man in the tree is about to jump and I try and warn Khaos.

"Khaos! Behind you!"

He looks behind him and roars, and that when I see something. While Khaos roared, the Hunter jumping at him threw something into his mouth.

I quickly fly over to Khaos and rip the man off of him, throwing him to the ground, which would hurt because Khaos is about 300 feet tall.

"Spit it out," I yell at Khaos. "Spit it out!"

I see the man on the ground reaching for something and I think he's trying to distract me, like he distracted Khaos, so I stay with Khaos, but keep my eyes on him.

When I see him pull something out of his pocket, I dove to him as fast as I could, but I hear an explosion behind me. I spread my wings out, gold clouding my vision, and I see something red hitting the people in front of me, but I don't feel anything on me.

I look at the man who clicked a button and I see him smirking. I give him a cold glare and turn around. What I see makes my vision turn red.

Khaos's body on the ground, his neck and head blown up.

I slowly turn back to the Hunters, conscious or not, and instead of my vision turning red, it turns black. I can still see and understand what I'm doing, it's just in a black tint.

I go to the man who clicked the button, and land calmly in front of him. He looks at me in disgust and tried to punch me. I grab onto his first before it hits my face, and crush it while twisting his arm.

"You killed an innocent," I hiss, my voice dark and rough.

"It was a dragon," the man spits. "It is not innocent. It is a monster."

I clench my jaw and tighten my fist.

"He was innocent," I said. "He also has a name and a family." I tilt my head. "Imagine the pain that everyone who loves him will be going through. If only there was a way to make it equal, yes?" A cold smirk grows on my face. "Oh, yes, there is." The mans eyes widen and he pales. "I wonder who it will be. Your wife? Daughter? Brother? Mother? Or maybe even yourself?"

"Please!" He cried. "Not my daughter! Take me!"

"That's not how it works, puppet," I chuckle. "I may decide who will be taken as an equal trade, but I do not choose just by biased thinking. I use logic, and the logic, and my father, assign who I get vengeance, or karma, on, just like you were assigned to kill him." I tilt my head when his eyes widen. "Am I incorrect?"

"I don't know who told me to do it! I swear!" The man cried. "I only got a text message! They offered a lot of money! You have to know what it's like! I was desperate!"

"I must have known what it was like?" I tilt my head. Keeping his hand in my grip, I use the other one to grab the mans face. I look him deeply in the eyes. "How do you feel about this? About killing an innocent?"

The mans eyes reveal his emotions. "It was a  monster."

I let go of him and sigh.

"Always a daddy's boy."