Chapter 52 ♦️

June 3rd.

"The fight's going down tomorrow," I mumble and my eyes widen. "The fight's going down tomorrow. Oh shit."

I knew I had to fight my best friends family, but I guess it just didn't sink it because I was worried about going to all of the royal families.

Oh God, what if I chicken out? What if I can't kill them because I have emotional ties with them? What if I have to kill Laviana?

Yeah, she's a bitch, I know that, but she was my best friend for three years. It'll hurt.

I sigh and close my eyes, letting my towel covered body fall back onto my bed. During our training today, we all realized we had to find a way to lure the Hunters to the backyard, or at least cover what was happening to bystanders. Although the house isn't close to civilization, there is always a chance someone could see something.

They would just be put in the loony bin, Daeva says and I nod.

That would lessen our work.

"What are you thinking about, Reginetta?"

"We don't have to hide anything," I say with a small smile.

"What do you mean?"

"Humans can see everything and we'd be fine," I say, sitting up. "The worst that'll happen is they get put in an asylum. That's not so bad."

Adonis laughs before replying. "Ky, you know what you have to do. Just talk to them until we can make sure the area is secure."

"What?" Since when was this the plan?

"What do you mean 'what?' We spoke about this together. Weren't you listening?" He asks.

Huh. "I guess not. Oh well, take off your shirt and give it to me. We're going to watch a movie to relax."

Adonis chuckles, removing his white shirt before tossing it to me. "What do you want to watch?"

I smirk. "Titanic."

I hear Adonis groan and I laugh, going into the bathroom with a pair of sweat pants and underwear.

"I never thought you'd be the type of girl to be a romantic," he says and I chuckle, pulling his shirt over my head.

"I promise you, Angel, I'm not." I walk out of the bathroom and jump on the bed, standing at Adonis's feet. "Hey, hey, Adonis, guess what."

"What?" he asks with narrowed eyes.

"If-" I start but I cut myself off because of my laughter. "If I was a- a guy, so many girls would want to hop on my dick."

I colapse onto the bed in laughter, and when I look up at Adonis, I start to cackle.

It wasn't even that funny, Daeva said and I cackled even more.

I am feeling so many chemicals right now.

"You're fucking crazy."

"Hey," I snap, sitting up and pointing my finger at Adonis. "Don't curse."

"What are you going to do?" He asks, sitting up. "Oh, I'm sorry. What the fuck are you going to do?"

I let my wings out, not caring that Adonis's shirt rips, trying to look intimidating. I flash my eyes at Adonis before I pounce on him.

What the hell are you on?

Honestly, lack of sleep and maybe a little cocaine.

All jokes, of course.

My vision focuses on a bright eyed Adonis. I narrow my eyes at him, decided to try and be like him whenever I do something he doesn't like. I try and place my hand around his throat, but it's huge.