Part 1 - Beauty

It's unbelievable how you can just look at a person and feel like they've taken your breath away isn't it? I mean we all have met at least one such kind of a person in our lives who took our breath away when we looked at them for the first time, maybe it was because of their looks, their dressing sense or something else.

I stood by the hallway with my eyes wide open as I looked at her in complete awe, It wasn't that I was seeing her for the first time, we used to be in the same school and then we even joined the same college, I had been seeing her for years and every time she passed by me, she managed to make time stop.

Khushi Gupta. She was once school's most popular girl, and now she was also the college's most popular girl, she was bold, beautiful and not to forget a rich spoilt brat. She was the kind of a girl everyone in the school and college wanted to be friends with, she was popular, she spent money like it grew on trees, and she had boys running around her, fighting for her and what not, she was none less than a celebrity.

She was five feet five inches tall, she had black hair and hazel eyes, her eyes were the prettiest thing about her, and not to forget she had the perfect body too.

I stared at her as she was busy arguing with some other girl a few feet away from where I was standing, time had literally stopped moving, all I could see was her, how her pretty hair flew to her face because of the wind, how she pushed it back, how she was pointing her finger at the girl, how perfectly her lips moved while she talked, everything about her was so beautiful, so perfect.

I saw her as she bent down and picked up the lipstick that had fallen off her hands when she accidentally hit the girl she had been arguing with, she was literally talking to it and apologizing to it as if it was a living being, at times she was the most childish person I'd seen and at times she was the meanest person I'd come across.

I hadn't ever talked to her, I dint even know if she knew I existed or anything, but I'd been seeing her around, and I knew a lot about her maybe more than anyone else in the college knew her. There were two things here, mostly all the girls wanted to be like her or her friends, and all the guys wanted to date her, she was that perfect so it was obvious that she dint even know someone like me existed.

I was the kind of a guy everyone in school used to call a nerd. My hair always looked messy as if I dint comb it, I wore round harry potter kind of specs and I never bothered to shave my beard, I was always into books, and when I wasn't into books, I was always staring at her.

She passed by me followed by her friend and I was hoping today was the day she was going to notice me, every time she passed by me I hoped the same, but well, as expected she dint, I mean I knew I looked terrible why was she ever going to notice someone like me?

As far as I remembered the list of the guys she had dated, they all were nearly as perfect as her. Some of them were popular in school, some weren't but they were the kind of macho men and all, I was nowhere near them, so all I did was to secretly admire her.

I headed to class brushing off the thoughts about her, I mean since school I had always hoped that one day she was going to notice me but until today she hadn't so it was obvious wasn't it? She was never going to notice someone like me.

I settled down in my usual place, right in front of the lecturer when I saw her walk in the class, not only was I but everyone else too was staring at her.

She headed to the back of the classroom and sat there with her friend being oblivious about how many people were secretly admiring her or hating on her.

I usually dint like when she was in the same class as I was, I mean I obviously liked Khushi, every guy in the college did, but whenever she was around, I couldn't concentrate on anything else.