Part 30

KHUSHI'S POV

I walked inside the house slowly thinking about what I had seen today, I wasn't really sure if it was what I was thinking it was, I could be wrong, I could be imagining things or maybe it could actually have been reality.

I stopped at the hall where I noticed a guy seated on the sofa, reading a newspaper which was hiding his face, I wondered who it could be.

"Excuse me." I said as I walked closer, once he heard me, he put the newspaper aside and stood up immediately, I was left shocked.

No! This wasn't possible, this wasn't happening. Why would anything like this happen right now? When everything in my life was finally normal?

"Sid." I whispered his name in shock.

"Khushi." He smiled excitedly as he rushed to hug me, he wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly into a hug.

All I could wonder about was why he was here, why so suddenly? At least my doubts were clear now, he was the one I saw leaving the restaurant and now he was here at my house.

"I've missed you so much." He said as he broke the hug and looked at me happily. Seriously life? What games are you trying to play with me?

"What are you doing here Sid?" I asked.

"How rude, you dint even ask me if I needed something to drink or anything. Aren't you happy to see me Khushi?"

"Of course I am Sid, but it's just surprising, you showing up out of nowhere, you dint even call me to inform, we haven't been in touch for so long."

"I know. Anyway come sit with me, I'll tell you why I am back." He grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him as the both of us sat down on the sofa. I just wanted to know why he was back, I though he had left for good.

"Tell me now."

"I came back for you Khushi." He said. I looked at him in complete shock as I stood up immediately.

"What?"

"You are the only girl I've ever loved Khushi, when we broke up I thought I'd go away from you and try to move on but even after so long I couldn't. I am still in love with you." Sid said.

"I cheated on you Sid, you can't still love me."

"I also forgave you for it Khushi dint I? I don't even know why I agreed for us to separate, it was you being stubborn but now I am back and I am being stubborn. I tried to live without you but I couldn't so I came back for you Khushi." He stood up and cupped my face as he looked me into the yes.

"It's too late Sid, nothing can happened between us."

"Why Khushi? Look at me, look me into the eyes and tell me I dint make you feel butterflies, tell me I dint make you happy, tell me that me touching you like this doesn't make you feel a thing?" he asked as he grabbed me by the waist immediately.

I was left numb, I dint know what to do or how to react in such a situation, Sid was holding me and staring me into the eyes, and it was beautiful but I was with Arnav now, and I couldn't do the same thing that I did with Sid to Arnav.

"Khushi, please listen to me, please let us try this once again. God, I've really missed you." he said as his eyes went from my eyes to my lips. Oh God No!

He wanted to kiss me, but it was wrong. He can't kiss me! But why wasn't I stopping him? Why was I trying to repeat my mistake once again?

He moved closer to me, I could feel his breaths, I could smell his scent, it was his usual perfume, even in all this years, he hadn't changed it.

His lips could touch mine any moment, he would start kissing me any moment now and I was just standing still and shocked instead of doing anything, what was wrong with me?

"Sid." I tried to speak but he put his finger on my lips shutting me.

"I always loved how you mentioned my name every time we were about to kiss, it means you also haven't been over me Khushi." He smiled, grabbed my face immediately and moved closed once again, he almost kissed me when I pushed him back.

"I am with someone else now Sid." I said as he looked at me in shock.

I turned around not wanting to face him, I dint even know what to feel at this moment, how to react about this entire situation but I had promised Arnav that we would work on this together and that's what I was trying to do, work on this.

"I am happy that you are here Sid, but I am sorry, we can't be together now. I am with Arnav and I love him, it's not a casual relationship, the both of us are very serious and I am trying really hard not to make the mistakes I made in the past so don't do this Sid.

I am really sorry for everything that happened in the past, and the only reason we broke up was because I dint want to cheat on you again but now I've moved on, I've found a man that I love and I want to stay loyal to him."

"How comes you want to remain loyal to him and you never wanted to remain loyal to me?"

"I don't know okay? Whatever happened, happened! Maybe because I wasn't in love with you, I was about to make the same mistake right now by letting you kiss me, but I guess because I love him, his life stopped me from cheating on him.

I am really sorry Sid, I know what I did in the past was wrong, if it was in my hands I would have made things work. You were the first guy I had a serious relationship with but before I could really fall for you I cheated on you and we ended things now I am with Arnav and I don't want us to end like that, I don't want to cheat on him, I don't want to be like my father.

Please try to understand me Sid. Yes we were together, we had a good time but now it's all in the past, I have moved on and so should you."

There was pin drop silence for a while, I dint want to turn around and look at him because I knew he was hurt and it was because of me.

"You are right Khushi, you are with someone else now and I should move on." He said, I smiled a bit and turned to face him again.

"Thank you for understanding."

He nodded as he walked towards me again, why couldn't he talk from where he was standing? I was really trying to work on my relationship with Arnav, I was new at this, I dint even know how to and I dint want this proximity to change anything.

"It's clear that we can't be together but can we at least be friends Khushi?" he looked at me hopefully.

"Sure." I nodded.

"Great so we can hangout right? Watch movies, go dinner or something?" he asked excitedly.

"Sure, but I'll have to inform Arnav first." I said.

"Sure, I'll leave for now, I'll give you a call later?"

"Okay." I nodded as he walked out of the house and I finally felt some peace, with him being here I was scared that something might go wrong. I walked to my room and lied down on the bed as I stared at the ceiling remembering my date with Arnav today and how happy it made me, I also liked how he kissed me, it always made me get goosebumps. Arnav was just the perfect man for me, I was going to make sure I never did anything wrong to him.

I unlocked my phone and his photo on my wallpaper made me smile, everything about him was just making me smile more and more.

I was stupidly in love with him wasn't I? Guess what, it was the most beautiful feeling ever, knowing that you loved someone and they loved you back too.

I dialed his number and waited for him to receive the call which he did in a moment.

"You are missing me already aren't you?" he asked.

"Yeah sure if you think so." I laughed.

"How mean." I knew he must be pouting like a baby making cute faces. Damn it, everything I thought about him just made me fall more and more in love with him.

"Okay listen I called you for something important, we need to talk can you come home?" I asked, he agreed immediately saying he was already on his way, so I disconnected the call and waited for him.