Part 28

I was at home alone in the evening, Anju and Kabir had decided to go for a dinner date and as for my father, he came home very late, we wouldn't even know he lived with us because that was his routine, he came home very late and left really early so when he came home early it was like we had a guest.

Anyway, Anju and I were used to it so we no more bothered about it, though Anju dint like him much and so she was glad that she never had to see him.

I was seated in the hall switching through the channels, trying to find something to watch, I had tried reading but I couldn't really concentrate so I figured I'd watch tv but there was nothing interesting to watch.

The doorbell rang so I stood up and headed to open the door, Anju and Kabir had just left like half an hour ago, I was surprised that they got done with their date so soon, but when I opened the door, it wasn't them, it was Khushi.

What was she doing here?

"Can I come in?" She asked, I nodded as I stepped aside and she walked in, I shut the door and followed her to the hall, she had already settled down on the sofa, she looked at me and then tapped on the empty side beside her so I could sit with her, I nodded and walked closer to her and sat down beside her.

She held my arm and leaned on my shoulder and I swear my heart suddenly jumped, every time I was close to her I'd feel all sort of feelings.

"I am not stubborn Arnav." She said.

"I know Khushi, I dint say you were." I replied.

"I am just scared of hurting you because I love you so much." She said, it felt good to hear those words, to know that she loved me too, that's what I had always dreamt of.

"Why Khushi, I just don't get it." I said. She kept on leaning on my shoulder with her eyes closed, she inhaled a deep breath and started speaking.

"When we were in high school, I met a guy, he wasn't from our school, I just met him at a restaurant, I was having dinner alone when he approached me. He talked to me and asked if he could sit with me, I agreed and then he told me that he had been coming to the restaurant so many times and he's always seen me around but he had always been scared to talk to me.

So that day his friends forced him to talk to me, and he came, and then he also told me he really liked me and if I was interested even a bit, we could get to know each other.

I agreed, I don't know why but he just sounded so genuine, he was so cute, all I got from him were positive vibes, so we started the getting to know each other process, we would usually meet at that restaurant, or he would take me out for different kind of dates and all, and for once I felt like I could be happy too.

I dint want to be the girl that changes her boyfriends like clothes, I wanted to be in a real relationship with someone, and I felt like he could be that guy for me. He was just so perfect Arnav. Then one day he asked me if we could date and I agreed, and everything after that was none less than a fairytale. I never told anyone about him, I was just scared that if people found out, someone was going to tell him something horrible about me and he might leave me.

It was after long that I was happy, that I felt loved and I wanted that love all for myself, and he too was the perfect boyfriend ever. Slowly as time passed by, he fell in love with me, I wasn't yet quite sure about what I felt towards him, but he had fallen for me, and as much as that was great it was scary too, it was a whole big responsibility for me, I had never done anything like that before, but I tried, for him, for me, and for us because I was happy with him.

And then it went on for a while, everything was fine but with time it started getting boring, there came times when we had nothing to talk about, we would sit in a room together but be silent and I felt like the spark was gone.