Part 26

Everything was happening as per the plan, the kids showed up with Khushi and she dint notice us until they had settled down on a table opposite ours.

Nisha was good with her acting, but I wasn't, I just felt terrible about doing all this and imagining what effect it might be leaving on Khushi, so instead of concentrating on our date, I was just looking at her.

She tried her best not to look at me but I found her looking at me every time and I could notice how moist her eyes were.

Why was I really doing this to her?

"Okay time for the next step." Nisha smiled as she looked at me.

"What step?" I asked, why was this being done for me and I dint even know what was being done?

"I have to kiss you on the cheek to make her more jealous." Nisha said.

"No!" I said immediately, I even wanted to stand up and leave already, there was no way anyone was ever kissing me, not even on the cheeks.

Khushi and I might not be together or anything but as for me, the only girl I'd ever allow to be close to me physically was her, not one else. I just felt some sort of loyalty towards her.

"But that's the plan Arnav." Nisha pouted.

"I don't care Nisha, if anyone has to kiss me in any way it had to be Khushi, that's it." I said strictly, she just nodded.

I saw Khushi standing up as she excused herself from Anju and Kabir, I don't know where she was heading but given that Anju and Kabir were still seated, it meant she was going to come back.

I saw her standing up and wiping of her eye as she turned around, she tried not to be noticed but I always noticed everything about her.

"You know what, I can't do this anymore." I said as I stood up and rushed behind her.

I caught up with her just when she was about to enter into the ladies washroom, I grabbed her hand and pulled her back and it broke me to see that she was crying.

"I am so sorry Khushi." I said as I held her into my arms and hugged her tightly.

I was seriously stupid, I should have never agreed to do anything like this knowing it would hurt her, I never wanted to hurt her in any way, why was I even convinced for this?

I guess for a moment I had become selfish, I thought only about myself and not her, not her reasons, not her feelings.

If she dint want to be with me even when she loved me, it was her choice, I was no one to force her for anything, I was never selfish. Seriously what was wrong with me?

"Look, don't be mad at me okay, let's just go out and talk, I don't want to create a scene here." I said, luckily she just nodded without telling me off or anything so I walked out of the restaurant with her and stopped in a place where there were no people.

"I need to explain something." I said.

"You don't have to explain anything to me Arnav, you have the right to move on, if it's hurting me it's my own problem." She looked at me sadly, right now I hated myself for making her feel this way, it was no one's fault but mine because I agreed for this stupid idea.

"No, that's not what it is. I am not moving on, honestly I don't even want to move on be it with you or without you. This was just some stupidity I did to make you jealous so you would accept your feelings for me.

I am sorry Khushi, I know I've done a terrible thing, I've hurt you and I shouldn't have done this, I had become a bit selfish for a while, but now I am me, the real me and I don't care what relation is between us, I just want you to know that I love you, it's always been you and if you don't want to be with me I am totally okay with it.