Part 6

"Why are you here?" She asked as she headed back inside leaving the door open so I followed her inside, her room was something totally unexpected, as far as I had known her, I always thought her room was going to be full of posters of actors she loved and maybe in a different color and all messed up but it was completely different.

Everything in the room was white, the wall, the cupboard her dressing table, her bed, everything was white and clean, it was huge and kind of empty, it had nothing else in there apart from the dressing table and the bed.

"Did people from college send you here to get the latest gossip on me?" She asked and I turned my gaze back to her, she had settled down on her bed, she actually had a book that she was reading, it was quite strange, I had never seen her reading.

"You read?" I looked at her in surprise.

"Just because I don't carry books around and act like a nerd doesn't mean I don't read, why are you here Arnav? Who sent you here?" She asked again.

"What if I say that I came here on my own, would you believe it?" I asked.

"Why are you acting like you care about me?" She asked.

"Why is it so difficult to understand that maybe there's someone that might genuinely care about you?" I looked at her in surprise, this girl surely had some issues.

"Because no one cares unless I'm making them popular, is that what you want?" She folded her arms, seriously? I come here to see if she's okay and all she thinks is that I want to be popular?

"If I wanted that, I would have gone along with the rumor of being your boyfriend." I replied.

"Maybe you just wanted it differently, how am I supposed to know?" She shrugged, okay this girl was now getting on my nerves, why was she so negative about everything? How hard was it for her to understand that I actually cared?

"Why don't you trust me?" I asked.

"I don't trust anyone, why do you think you would be important enough for me to make you an exemption?" She rolled her eyes.

"Why are you so bitter with me Khushi? I have been nothing but nice to you, and you act like I'm some piece of trash to you. Maybe you don't realize but it hurts."

Honestly, it was becoming frustrating, how could she be so blind to this? Why couldn't she see how much I liked her or cared for her? Why was she like this?

"If it hurts so much, why are you even here Arnav? Don't you get it? That's what I do? I hurt people, and I'll hurt you too, I'll hurt everyone so just stay away from me. I'm glad you came to see me and I don't want to be rude to you, but please, kindly leave me on my own." She placed her book aside and looked at me, by the way she looked at me, I felt like she was saying something else and she wanted something else.

I kept on staring at her hoping that she would tell me to stay back because I dint want to leave yet, I just wanted to sit with her and talk to her about everything that was wrong but she just kept on staring at me silently.

"Oh, I see you've got another one again." I heard a voice, I turned around and saw a gorgeous lady standing there, she looked like she was in her late thirties, and she was dressed like a model, her hair, make up, everything made her look like a model.

She was continuously looking at me with some sort of disgust on her face which meant she dint like me at all.

She and Khushi looked so much alike, anyone could believe she was her real mother, but I had known her long enough to know that she was her step mother, but well they both were so freaking gorgeous.