Part 3 - Romance Novels

I passed by the hallway where I found Khushi busy arguing with a guy, I had seen her with him so many times and anyway that was none of my business so I just ignored them and headed to the parking lot minding my own business.

I had to pass by the bookstore and pick up a few books for my sister so I was in a hurry because the bookstore closed in half an hour, I had to be there before it closed otherwise she was going to kill me if I dint go with her books.

I got inside my car, switched it on and drove outside the gate where I saw Khushi, she was standing in the scorching heat looking around, I opened the window and looked at her.

"Is there a problem?" I asked, she looked at me angrily like she wanted to just punch me or something right away.

"Don't ask like you care." She replied rudely looking away from me, she folded her arms and frowned, she looked beautiful even while frowning like a baby and I had this urge of pulling her cheeks, weird I know, but this girl just made me feel a lot of things.

"I am asking because I care Khushi, is something wrong?" I asked once again, she walked closer to my car leaned on the window and looked at me with the same anger.

"I just broke up with my boyfriend because of you! Why was I even stupid to spread that kind of a rumor? I came to school with him and now he wouldn't drop me home so I'm waiting for a taxi and unless you're a taxi leave!" She was really pissed and I wish I could make her calm down but it really wasn't my fault, she spread a rumor and all I did was to say it was fake, I don't think I did anything wrong anyway.

"Get in the car, I'll drop you." I offered, no matter how she was behaving with me at the moment, I just couldn't me mean to her, I liked this girl, so much I could tolerate shit from her.

"Why? So you can tell everyone tomorrow that you gave poor Khushi lift, and by the way it all happened because of you." She shouted, why did she have to be so angry on me anyway? I was just trying to help, besides she's the one who started all this, I was fine existing on my own and admiring her from afar.

"I won't tell anyone anything I promise, it's too hot, stop standing in the sun, I will drop you home, come on, get in the car."

She looked at me for a moment and then after thinking for what seemed forever, I unlocked the door and she got inside, she settled down while she looked at me with a frown on her face, she folded her arms just like before and looked ahead.

"Don't think you're doing me any favor, I would have had a ride home if it wasn't because of you anyway." She shrugged.

"Okay." I nodded and drove off, she kept on looking outside the window all the while, she still seemed really angry, but she was cute even when she was angry.

She always managed to take my breath away.

"I need to get some books before the store closes, hope you don't mind." I said.

"It's your car, do whatever the hell you wish to, I don't really care." She replied without looking, God this girl was so difficult.

I parked the car outside the bookshop and headed inside, I handed the seller a list of books I needed, she got them for me within a few minutes, I paid her as I grabbed the bag full of books and headed back to the car, I placed the bag on the backseat as Khushi turned to look at me.

The bag fell aside as a few books fell out of it, she looked at them and then started laughing, one moment she's angry and one moment she's laughing, like I said, this girl was difficult.

"What?" I asked as I straightened the bag, picked up the books that had fallen and put them back inside before I headed back to the driver's seat.

"You read romance novels." She laughed, what was funny about a guy reading romance novels, not that they were mine or I was going to read them but I don't think it was funny if I would like to read romance novels.