Part 4 - Lift

Since I shouted at Khushi in class and told her in front of everyone that I wasn't her boyfriend, I had gone back to being invisible, I mean people only cared about my existence because they thought I was dating her and now that the rumors were cleared no one really cared once again.

I was the kind of a person who hated getting attentions anyway, I liked to be on my own without anyone really caring whether I existed or not so I liked that people stopped staring at me and whispering gossips about me whenever I passed by.

Apart from a few guys asking me if I was crazy doing something like that, everything else was back to the way it was before the encounter I had with her for the first time.

It had been two weeks since the incident, and since the day I had dropped her home, I mean I knew she was angry on me for some reason but I thought that maybe there were chances of her being friends with me, I guess I was stupid to think that.

Because since then I wasn't invisible to everyone else but Khushi too, she was back to being herself not caring I was around but I kept on noticing her every now and then just like I had always noticed her.

This huge crush I had on her since school days was something, it hadn't gone away until now and I don't know if it was ever going to go away because deep down I knew, Khushi was never going to even look at me let alone her being interested in me the way I was in her.

It was a busy morning, just after the first class, I had lots of notes to write so I was busy doing my work not caring what the rest of the students around me were doing until someone sat on the seat beside me.

Usually that seat was empty unless Rishabd and I had a class together, no one ever wanted to sit beside me and I don't know why so it was surprising that someone actually came to sit with me, at first I thought it might be Khushi because I did find her sitting here once but my doubts were cleared when I looked up.

"Hi." A beautiful girl smiled at me brightly as she placed her books on the desk and looked at me.

She had dirty blonde hair and a pair of really beautiful blue eyes, she was dressed in a short white dress, let me just sum it up in one word, she was beautiful.

"Hi." I replied as I concentrated on writing my notes, I mean yes she was beautiful, there were so many beautiful girls out there but I wasn't really interested in anyone because my eyes were always looking for the one girl I liked, Khushi.

"Can we be friends? I'm new here and you look like a great person." She smiled at me. She had a British accent, I loved British accent, it sounded so good.

"I'm the last person you want to be friends with, trust me." I said without looking at her, it was strange that a girl as beautiful as her wanted to be friends with me, why?

"I'm Nina, we just shifted from London a month back and now I'm here in Boston to study and now it's difficult to kind of have friends here because I don't really know anyone, I'd really like to be friends with you." She said as she smiled at me innocently.

"I'm Arnav, and fine we can be friends." I said finally turning to look at her, no wonder she had a British accent, she was from London, the place I wished to settle in the future.

I continued writing my notes while she kept on telling me her reasons for choosing to study here and stuff as I kept on listening to her and just nodding at everything she said, she was so talkative.

*****

At Lunch time, Nina and I walked to the canteen to have lunch, I was showing her around the place and it was a huge campus so it was going to take time until she knew everything well, we got stares from a lot of people while walking, I mean I was always alone or with Rishabd so people were kind of surprised that I had a friend, but I thought I was invisible and no one cared.