Part 25

It was weekend, and I was seated at home with Anju and Kabir who were now planning an actual date for me with Nisha, I mean all the part about lying to Khushi was fine, but actually going on a date sounded scary.

I had never been on a date before, I dint want my first one to be fake.

"You have to do it, come on bro." Anju pouted at me.

"Anju look, I don't know what this things might mean to anyone out there but I'm kind of old school, and I believe this is important for me, it's not like I want my first date to be with Khushi only, but I don't want it to be fake either, do you get me?" I tried to explain myself.

"If you keep saying no to everything, our plan isn't going to succeed. Look we know you love Khushi a lot, and that's what we're trying to help you at, be with her. You have to listen to us and do as we say." Kabir said.

He was right but it dint seem convincing enough for me yet. Nisha sighed as she walked towards me and settled down beside me, she put her hand on mine and looked at me seriously.

"Look Arnav, we just met and I don't know if I'm the right person to say this but I guess if I'm helping you make Khushi jealous without even knowing you, I might be the right person." She giggled and then continued speaking.

"I know it's just a date for us all, and maybe it's a big thing for you and you don't want your first time to be fake but think of it this way, if you kept on worrying about a small thing like a date, you might end up losing the big thing here, that is Khushi.

You obviously don't want that do you? See if we don't make her realize what she's missing out on because she's too scared about stuff then you might never have the chance to be with her.

So it's upon you to decide what matters the most for you, a first date or Khushi. Plus it doesn't have to be a date for you, we can be friends and hang out as friends, as long as Khushi looks at it as a date, it will work." She explained.

I don't know what it was about her, but she kind of convinced me, she seemed very calm and mature, I think I could be friends with someone like her, she was a nice person.

"Okay, I'll do it." I nodded and just at that time, the door opened and we all looked towards it, Khushi was standing at the door and her eyes were looking at Nisha's hands that were on mine.

I was just about to pull my hands off but then decided not to seeing how it was affecting her.

"I dint know you would be around, I'm sorry I'll leave, Anju I'll visit you later or you can come home with Kabir when you get time?" Khushi looked towards Anju and then walked out in a hurry while Kabir followed her.

"Bro, go get dressed, you have a date and you better look freaking hot." Anju giggled.

"As you wish." I laughed as I stood up and headed to my room to get dressed while Nisha went to Anju's room to get dressed too, she had brought her clothes and stuff along.

*****

Once I was all dressed up, I walked out of my room and headed to the hall where Kabir and Anju were waiting for me, Anju stood up and looked at me with her eyes wide open, I hadn't put much effort but I had tried to dress up better than my usual casual wear, today I went for official, a plain white shirt and black trouser but I guess it looked good seeing how Anju was happy about it.

"Wow bro, you do look hot." She giggled.

"Okay so now listen to me, Khushi is in Anju's room with Nisha, I just tried to convince her to stay back, I told her you two were going out so she could stay here, so she went to Anju's room and she would come out only after you leave, so try to make this look real okay?

Once you are on the date, Anju and I will convince her to go out, we'll say we want to get ice cream or something then bring her to the restaurant where you are at, hopefully this works." Kabir whispered to me.

This two kids were so clever, planning and doing everything for me.

"Okay, isn't it awkward though, Nisha is getting dressed in Anju's room and Khushi is there?" I asked.

"It's good actually, she would get more jealous, I told Nisha to keep praising you in front of her and just talk about you and how much she likes you and all that." Kabir giggled.

I just faked a smile, quite honestly I dint like doing this knowing somehow it was hurting Khushi, I never wanted to hurt her, all I ever wanted was to love her, I hope she would let me but she was being so stubborn and I had to do all this so she could stop being stubborn.

I don't even know if it was the right thing to do, I felt like I was somehow forcing her to love me or something, I mean of course I knew she loved me but I was still trying to influence her decision and I dint know if it was the right thing to do, I just hoped it was.

"Say something sweet and romantic to Nisha once she comes out and say it in a loud tone." Anju instructed me, I nodded as we all waited for Nisha to come out.

In a few minutes, she walked out dressed in a beautiful white dress, she had also put on some make up, she looked quite beautiful, but for me, Khushi was the most beautiful one, always.

"I see someone decided to match with me." I smirked at her, damn I was a terrible actor, I couldn't even act well.

"We should look like a couple shouldn't we?" She giggled as she stopped beside me, and instead of looking at her I was just looking at the door of Anju's room which opened out a bit and I saw Khushi popping her head out to peep at us so I quickly looked away.

"You look so gorgeous." I said as I put my arm around Nisha's waist, she blushed and thanked me as she put her hand on my chest and then looked at Kabir.

"Kabir how about you take a picture for us? I can't wait to show it to my friends, I mean look at us, we look so hot." Nisha said.

Kabir nodded as he started taking pictures for us on his phone and I stood there awkwardly, this thing about pretending to like Nisha and all was quite difficult given that Khushi was watching, I wanted to hold her like this, I wanted to go on dates with her and take such pictures with her, why couldn't she understand it?

"You two look so cute, I'm jealous." Anju smiled at us.

"Okay now go for your date before my girlfriend starts disturbing me to do something like you guys." Kabir laughed.

I nodded as I held Nisha's hand and pulled her outside with me, we both headed to the parking lot, got in the car and I drove her to the restaurant Kabir had told me to.

"I am sorry for holding you by the waist and also holding your hand when I pulled you out of the house." I apologized to Nisha.

"Arnav, you know you are so cute. I mean who apologizes for such things." She giggled.

"It isn't appropriate to touch a girl anyhow without her permission." I shrugged.

"I know, but if we're pretending to be dating, obviously you have to touch me, its okay I don't mind it." Nisha smiled at me, I nodded and then concentrated on the driving which was quite awkward because Nisha couldn't stop staring at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked feeling awkward about it.

"I haven't met a guy like you before, if Khushi doesn't confess her feelings to you after all this, I guess she'll be the unlucky one, because you are the perfect guy any girl can have Arnav. I don't even know how to explain it, you are so good, so polite, so respective, everything about you is perfect, I don't know why she is avoiding you." Nisha said.

I dint really know what to say, I mean I was this nerd who was always invisible, people usually made fun of me or stuff so I hadn't ever received a compliment before and now that Nisha was complimenting me, it was kind of awkward, all I could do I smile weirdly.

We arrived at the restaurant, and headed to the table Kabir had booked for us, he had done a lot of work for us, something I wouldn't have done myself, him and Anju were like my love heroes.

"Don't worry Arnav, I'm sure Khushi and you will be together very soon." Nisha assured me with a smile.

"I hope so." I said as I picked up the menu and so did she as we both found something to eat while we waited for Kabir and Anju to come with Khushi.