Part 5 - Khushi

I was busy finishing up my homework early morning in the class before the lecturer came in, the entire weekend Anju wasn't feeling really well so I was around her taking care of her and that's why I hadn't done my homework.

I noticed when Nina settled down beside me but I was in a rush to finish my homework I dint even greet her or anything.

"Did you hear the news?" She asked to which I nodded negatively not knowing which news she was talking about but right now I really wanted to finish my homework so I wasn't paying attention to whatever the news was.

"Wow, you really don't care about what's happening around right?" She asked giggling, I finally lifted my head up from the books and looked at her, she was dressed in a pretty red dress and her hair was curled, she looked beautiful.

"Right now I just care about finishing my homework really." I shrugged as I turned back to my books.

"Oh, so were you at the party over the weekend like everyone else?" She asked.

"Nina, I have important things to do than attend some stupid parties really." I rolled my eyes, why would she think I was to any party? I wasn't the partying kind of a guy, I'd prefer staying at home and reading a good book instead.

"Okay, I can see you really want to finish that homework so finish it, I'll tell you about the news at lunch time." She said as she stood up.

"And where are you going?" I asked.

"I am not in this class if you dint notice it already, I just came to talk to you but you are busy so I'll see you at lunch." She smiled at me.

"Sorry, I'm just concentrating on this but yeah, I'll see you at lunch." I smiled at her as she walked away and a few minutes after, Rishabd walked in and sat beside me.

Now I really hoped Nina hadn't left, okay not that I dint like Rishabd or anything, he was my friend but he wasn't letting me finish my homework.

"Dude! You should have been at the party, it was entertaining, full of drama." He laughed, I looked at him and just sighed and I went back to my books, why was everyone talking about the party? Parties happened all the time, so what was important about this one anyway?

"Not to be rude or anything Rish, but right now I'm trying to finish homework so can you please take the party gossip somewhere else?"

"Why are you such a nerd." Rish said it more as a statement as he stood up and walked out of the class, bunking classes was his specialty, I wonder why he came to college when he was always bunking classes anyway, it was a waste of fees.

*****

At lunch, as I walked to the cafeteria, I passed people around the corridors and everywhere else just talking about some party, what was it about that it was so important to everyone?

I looked around hoping to get a glimpse of Khushi, I made sure to look at her daily just to admire how beautiful she was, but today I hadn't seen her around, she had been in none of the classes neither was she anywhere else to be seen.

I walked inside the cafeteria and looked around until I spotted Nina seated on a table at the far end, she waved her hand at me so I walked towards her and settled down.

"I got chips, I hope it's okay, I don't really know what you eat mostly and I thought you'd have to stand in line so I just bought yours with mine." She said as she pushed a plate towards me.

"It's okay, I eat everything and thanks for getting this for me." I smiled at her.

"You're welcome." She smiled, I started eating while I kept on looking around, still trying to find her, where was she today? I mean she could always skip classes but she never missed lunch, she was always in the cafeteria eating like there was no tomorrow, but today she wasn't here too.