Part 12

I arrived at university and as usual I headed to class, what was surprising was that Khushi was early and she was in class, which never happened, plus she was seated in Nina's place, she smiled brightly at me as I walked inside.

"Hey." I greeted her as I settled down beside her.

"Hey." She smiled.

"How come you're in class today? I thought that wasn't your thing?" I asked.

"Oh so you keep information about me? Impressive." She smirked.

"Not really, I just don't see you much in classes, I'm sure everyone knows that so it's surprising to see you here today, that too seated near me, Nina is the one that usually sits here." I said.

"Oh, so are you trying to chase me away? Like you want me to sit somewhere else so Nina can sit here? I dint know, I'm sorry for bothering." She picked her stuff and stood up, what was with this girl? Why did she always misunderstood what I said?

"I dint mean that Khushi."

"I know what you meant, I was stupid to care, I should be the mean girl I've always been, carry on with your lovely Nina you nerd!" She rolled her eyes and walked towards the door, what was I going to do about this girl?

To make it worse, she bumped into Nina right at the door, Nina had a few books in her hand which fell down.

"Are you blind?" Khushi looked at her angrily.

"Excuse me, you're the one that bumped into me, and instead of apologizing or even picking up the books you're asking me if I'm blind?" Nina looked at her in disbelief.

"Khushi Gupta doesn't apologize, pick the books up yourself, I'm not your servant." She walked away with that, Nina sighed as she bent down to pick the books as I rushed to help her, now Khushi was back to being the mean girl she had always been.

She had like multiple personalities, like somedays she was crying, someday she cared about my sister and visited me and other days she acted this way. What was wrong with her?

"No in a wrong way but at times I wonder why you like her so much, she's so mean." Nina said.

"I know, but I guess when we like someone we're supposed to like their flaws too." I shrugged as the both of us headed to our usual place and settled down.

"You're too good for her, and the problem is, she doesn't even see it, how can she not see how much you like her? Maybe she's just pretending not to see it." Nina said.

"I don't know, anyway let's not talk about it." I said looking away, I dint like talking about Khushi much because it always pained me to know that she was never going to feel anything towards me.

"Anyway how is Anju doing?"

"She's good, she's at home today resting, Kabir also skipped school just to be with her, this kids amaze me." I smiled at her, I mean I wasn't really ready to trust Kabir and now just in a few days, that boy had managed to change my thoughts regarding him.

It was good to know that my sister met a guy like him, people like him were rare, all I was happy about was that even in such times, he was keeping her happy, she deserved it, the both of them deserved each other.

The lecturer walked in taking my mind off the thoughts I was having as I concentrated on the class, Nina and I dint have any other conversation after this.

Once the class was over, I picked my books and headed to another one, Nina had a different class so she headed her way and I headed mine.

As I walked into my second class, it felt quite strange because everyone was staring at me and I dint even know why, then I remembered Khushi was pissed at me so she must have done something stupid again.