Part 16

I rushed to open the door as soon as the doorbell rang, I knew it must be Khushi, she said she would come visit Anjali.

As expected, she was here but today she wasn't alone, she was accompanied by Kabir, they both greeted me as they walked inside.

Anjali was in the hall, seated on the sofa busy reading one of her novels, like brother like sister, we both liked reading a lot.

"Hey babe." Kabir said as he walked towards her excitedly, she looked at him and her eyes lit up so bright and a huge smile showed up on her face, she opened her arms wide to embrace him into a hug.

"I dint know you were coming." Anju said as she held him tightly into her arms.

"Well I thought I'd surprise you." Kabir smiled as he broke the hug and looked at her lovingly.

Meanwhile Khushi and I stood a bit further, staring at the both of them, admiring how adorable thy were together.

"It's beautiful isn't it. Having someone that loves you without conditions, I mean nothing but just pure love." Khushi said as she kept on staring at the both of them.

"It is, not everyone is lucky to have it though, but I am glad Anju has it, she deserved all the happiness in the world." I smiled.

"This two have no idea about what's between them, I mean I can just see it but I'm sure they don't know it. I can't even explain it, it's just this feeling, when I see them together it makes my heart flutter, it makes me happy." She said.

"I know it." I agreed, it was difficult to explain but whatever that was between this two was so beautiful.

"So, I think I should start cooking, it's almost dinner time." I said.

"I'll help, don't want to be a third wheel." Khushi giggled as she followed me to the kitchen, I don't know why but everything felt so different and kind of awkward since we talked about my feelings for her, I wondered how she managed to be so normal.

Maybe it was because unlike me she dint feel a thing.

"So what are you making for dinner?" She asked as she jumped on the counter and sat on it.

"I'm not sure, what would you like to eat?" I asked, I hoped she hadn't already had dinner and she was going to have it with us.

"How did you know I dint have dinner?" she looked at me curiously.

"I dint, but considering you came at this time, I thought you might have not because it's kind of early."

"Well yeah, so what can you cook?"

"Anything and everything, I'm quite a chef." I giggled.

"I feel like having pizza, can you make that?" She looked at me excitedly, gladly just few days back I had bought the pizza bases so I could actually make them, I nodded as I walked towards the fridge and grabbed the veggies.

I chopped them finely into tiny pieces while Khushi just sat on the counter staring at me continuously and here she came saying she would help me.

"I thought you were to help me in cooking." I said.

"Well I changed my mind, it's interesting to watch you cooking." She laughed.

"What's interesting about it?"

"Just... makes me wonder if there's a thing you can't do. I mean obviously you read a lot, you always top all the exams, you take care of your sister so well, you can also cook lots of dishes, it's kind of interesting given that I can't do any of it myself." She sighed.

"You don't know how to cook?" I looked at her in surprise.

"No, what are the servants for? Besides I hate cooking, like I love eating but tell me to cook and I'll look at you like I want to murder you." She giggled.

"Why do you find cooking so terrible?"

"I don't know, I just haven't liked it really much. Anyway I hope you're going to put cheese on it, please make mine with lots and lots of cheese." She smiled excitedly, wow this girl was ordering me like I was her personal chef, but you know what, I didn't mind it.

"What would happen to your figure then?"

"Well someone told me today that I should start loving myself and if I love myself, I'll feel myself lots of cheese because I love it and I don't care what it's going to do to my figure." He said, I just smiled as I continued doing my work.

Once everything was ready, I put the pizza in the oven and then headed out to join Kabir and Anju who were seated together talking, Khushi and I sat down opposite them.

"So what did you make?" Anju asked.

"Pizza, Khushi wanted to eat that so... I hope you both are fine with it otherwise I'll make something else for you."

"Of course, who wouldn't want to eat pizza?" Anju smiled.

"I'll take you on a pizza date someday." Kabir said to her, Anju nodded as she blushed deep red.

"Anyway so how are your studies going on? I hope you both are concentrating in class, or I might find out that you are just busy flirting in class when you fail in exams."

"Don't worry bro, we do concentrate on studies." Anju said, I nodded and then looked at the TV, I dint have much to say so we all sat silently watching TV.

Once the timer beeped, Khushi stood up and rushed to the kitchen excitedly, I had no idea she loved pizza so much, she was literally acting like a baby for it.

"Wow, it smells so delicious." She said once she opened the oven.

"Don't touch it, the oven is still hot you might burn yourself." I said as I rushed towards her and pushed her aside, I grabbed a napkin and pulled out the tray slowly and then placed it on the counter.

"Just because I hate cooking doesn't mean I can't pull out a tray out of the oven Arnav, I'm not a baby." She said.

"I'm sorry if you felt bad, I just dint want you to hurt yourself." I apologized, God it was so difficult to be around her, she got offended by every little thing and I had to be really careful so that I wouldn't offend her.

"I dint feel bad Arnav, I just got hurt when you pushed me aside." I looked at her in surprise, I dint even realize, I moved closer to her and grabbed both her hands.

"Where did you get hurt? Wait I'll go get the first aid kit, I'm so sorry I dint know I would hurt you, I dint even push you hardly, I just gently pushed you aside." I said as I started checking the drawers, I dint even remember where I had placed the first aid kit.

"Now I can't find this first aid kit even, forget it, I'll take you to the doctor, come." I grabbed her hand and tried to pull her along but she wouldn't come along.

"Relax Arnav, I was just joking. I dint get hurt." She giggled.

"What? You scared me." Told you, this girl was so difficult to understand.

"But you were funny, I mean even in case I got hurt it would have been a minor cut and I don't think there would have been any need to go to the doctor. You care too much don't you?" She continued giggled.

"Only about people who are important to me." I shrugged, I grabbed the tray and walked with it to the hall, I placed it on the dining table then came back to the kitchen for the pizza cutter, Khushi was still where I left her and she was staring at me again.

Why was she suddenly staring at me this way now?

"You were excited about the pizza, now let's go eat it." I said to her, she nodded as she followed be behind silently, she had gone from talking nonstop to not talking at all, did I again say something to offend her?

How was I ever going to understand this girl?