Part 40

Part 39:

Who knew that doing a simple thing like sitting in your sitting room on the weekend, watching tv with you girlfriend lying on your lap could be the most peaceful thing ever.

I think as generations change, we tend to find happiness in big things when the real happiness is in small things like this, I'm not against going out on dates and doing something fun, but I also want to do things like this.

Sit at home, watch random shows with her and just feel her presence and be happy that she's here, do you get me? Like just appreciate each other, spend a silent time together.

I kept on running my hand through her hair, whenever I'd get involved in the tv too much and stop she would frown like a baby and tell me to continue, who could believe this was the same mean, rude popular college girl?

Who knew that one day the both of us were going to be crazily in love like this? Since Anju left, she had been my support system, I couldn't think of spending a day without her.

"I was thinking something." She said disturbing my thoughts.

"Okay, I'm all ears."

"Promise me you won't get mad if you don't like the idea." She sat up and looked at me seriously, what was she going to say?

"Okay, I'm scared now but fine, I won't get mad."

She moved closer to me cupped my face and looked me into the eyes for a moment and then she bent over and kissed me on the lips.

"If this was your idea, I'm not mad at all." I smirked.

"Is that so?" She smirked to which I nodded and laughed.

She stepped backwards and inhaled a deep breath, I had no idea what she was going to say, and she was taking a lot of time to say it and it was making me nervous.

"Okay, so here it goes... Would you like to move in with me?" She asked.

I opened my eyes wide and looked at her in surprise, this wasn't what I was expecting, I mean it was a surprise.

"Why did you think I would get mad if you asked me to move in with you?" I asked.

"I don't you, you are a nerd, it's hard to imagine what goes in your mind." She laughed.

"Okay, why do you want me to move in with you?" I asked.

"Because, we are still studying, we have a long way to go and if I'm being honest, marriage is out of topic for the next five or six years until we are settled down.

And I just don't like living alone, I mean I am alone, you are alone, your dad is there but it's like you don't even see him daily, so I just thought maybe we could live together, like a live-in-relationship you know.

I just love you so much and day by day it's getting harder to be without you, so I thought it would be great if we lived together, we would learn a lot about each other and even be prepared for the big marriage thing whenever it comes.

There's no pressure though, you know I've been so open minded and I don't mind living with you, but you are a bit conservative and I respect that, so if you don't want to I won't judge or anything, it's your choice, I'll respect it." She smiled.

At some point I did feel like she was right, I mean there was no questioning that we did love each other, but neither of us wanted to get married anytime soon, and living together was actually a good idea, I just dint know how it was going to work out.

"I don't mind it." I finally said, to which she started jumping up and down out of excitement and then she finally hugged me being so happy about it.